Awkward Phone Calls and Impulsive Decisions (9)

I sat up from my warm bed while rubbing my eyes. 'Was last night a dream? Maybe he was just trying to be nice. Does he like me? No no, I can't think like that. I'll only upset myself. Gosh, I just want an answer!' Thoughts like these had been filling my head ever since Finn left. I mean it definitely felt like we had a moment there.

I picked up my phone and dialed Finn.

"Morning," I yawned.

"Well good morning to you too," he chuckled.

My fingers nervously picked at a thread that had come loose from my blanket. "Do you wanna hang out today? We could go for a bike ride. I miss those."

"Um, yeah, sure that'd fun," Finn murmured.

"Are you mad at me or something?" Worry filled my body as I sat up straighter in my cold room.

"No, I just have a lot on my mind with school, and papers, and stuff."

"Alright, does 3:00 work for you? At the old oak tree?"

"Yup, I'll see you then."

"Ok, I love you, Finn."

"Love you too."

Then he hung up. Why in the world would he be acting like this? Didn't he give me enough to stress over last night? I swear to God this boy will be the death of me.

In the shower, the steaming water just felt as if it would cleanse me of all the worry that had built up from the past two days. I exhaled as I let the conditioner be washed away from my hair.

After I was wrapped in my towel I walked to the mirror. I stared at my reflection and just wondered what was so wrong with me. My parents left me, my best friend and longtime crush is giving me mixed signals, and for some reason, my classmates seem to have it out for me.

"Don't throw yourself a pity party, no one likes that," I muttered under my breath. 

I slipped on some jeans, my favorite running shoes, and a lavender purple hoodie. Unsatisfied with my appearance in the mirror, I tried to figure out what I didn't like. Then it hit me.

"My hair, " I whispered.

I went to my mother's vacant bedroom and grabbed her hair scissors. My hair had always felt like a pain and a huge inconvenience. At the moment my hair was almost to my hips, but I was about to make a change.

Happily, I tied off my hair into four sections. The four sections were perfectly aligned mid-neck. "I can do this," I tried to convince myself. Before I knew it, I heard the sounds of the scissors cutting through my long hair. Once I did all four, I took them out and cut the excess.

"Ty!!!!" I heard rapid footsteps up the stairs.

"What's wro- Oh my gosh!" if it was possible her jaw would have touched the floor.

"Is it bad? What do you think? Was it a mistake?"

"It looks so good!" she ran her fingers through my freshly cut hair.

"Do you promise?" I bit my lip anxiously.

"Yes! You should have done this sooner! Wait why are you dressed like you're going somewhere?"

"I'm meeting Finn for a bike ride." Ty's lips curled into a grin.

"Well I think you should let me curl your new hair," she beamed while already grabbing the curling iron.

"Ok, you just need to hurry though because I'm meeting him at 3:00."

She scoffed. "Don't worry 30 minutes is plenty of time for me."

Once she had finished my curls we said goodbye and I went on my way. I was happy with my new look. Now I just need to figure out Finn.