Mine (6)

I heard violent coughing in the kitchen. "Ty?" She suppressed her coughing as best she could and turned to me. "Yeah What's up?" She acted as nothing had happened. "Are you ok? That didn't sound good." I crossed my arms and looked at her. "Yeah, there's just a little cold going around in school. I only got a cough it's not bad." She answered while picking up her backpack.

"Ok then. Do you need a ride?"

"No, I'm gonna ride my bike."

"Ok be safe."

"always am. Love you!" She yelled as she walked towards the door.

"Love you too!" And just like that, she was gone.

After a few minutes, I heard Finn's knocking.

"Hey El are you ready because the car is still running?" he said sounding rushed. "Yeah all set," I smiled at him. I locked the door of my empty house and got in his car. We drove in silence for a minute until I decided to tell him about Ryder.

"So I think I made a new friend." Finn's eyes practically bulged out of his head. "You made a friend? You hate talking to new people," he said in disbelief. "Yeah well they talked to me first, and they're kind of nice," I said trying to defend myself. "Well, I'm happy that you are getting braver with other people. Anyway, what's her name?" "His," I corrected him. I watched my best friend's eyes got so big I thought they would pop out this time. "It's a guy too! Isabella Jane are you trying to give a freaking heart attack?!" "Finn I swear he's super nice," I needed to reassure him. "El you know I just don't want you getting hurt. I look out for you like you're my sister." Oh my gosh, that freaking word again! I just nodded and rested my chin on my hand and looked out the window.

Once we arrived at school I jumped out of the car. "El please just wait." I turned around to see him scrambling to turn off the car. "Hey, I'm sorry for that. You know it just means I care right?" I nodded. "I'll give this guy a chance, but only because I love you," he said pulling me into a hug. " I love you too," just in a different way.

When we arrived at my locker I was surprised to see Ryder waiting there. "Hey Bella who's the guy? he blurted out. "Her best friend." Finn snarled while inching closer to me. "Oh cool, I'm Ryder," he offered his hand to Finn while smiling. "Jonah," he said sternly while ignoring his hand. "Sweet anyway, Bella do you wanna go see a movie tonight? There's a comedy that looks awesome," he smiled. Finn wrapped his arm around my waist. "Sorry man but we always do something together on Friday nights, it's kinda our thing," Finn said while pointing between us. "No worries maybe we could go tomorrow," he asked. "I should be free but I'll get back to you," I nodded. "Ok see you later Bella, Jeremiah," he walked off. I turned around to see my best friend fuming. "Hey what's wrong?" I grabbed his hand. "Oh nothing he just seems lovely," he said while walking away. "Where are you going?" I yelled after him. "Class!" I have a feeling this is gonna cause me a headache.

###################################
Hey sorry, this chapter is so short. I just need to give you all something. I'm glad I picked this book up again.🙃

Love,
May💙