The Inevitable (10)

I rode up to where the guy I had been in love with for as long as I could remember was waiting. We used to ride bikes every Saturday and meet at this old oak tree. I guess we just forgot about the rides.

He was staring at the sky, oblivious to me coming in up to him. Every time I see him I just think about how much I want him. His beautiful dirty blonde hair, his deep blue eyes, and his perfect smile that just makes me happy.

"Hey Finn," his head snapped over to me. He looked me up and down then a big smile spread to his face.

"Woah, your hair looks amazing. I didn't know you were gonna cut it. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I just did it last minute," I beamed.

"Hey, I'm sorry for the way I've been acting it's just, can we talk?" He looked at me with sad eyes.

"Yeah of course," I jumped on my bike as we rode down the dirt trail.

I could see his gears turning on how to get out what he wanted to tell me. He looked so much sadder than he did yesterday. It was as if he mentally aged ten years overnight.

"El, you know how my mom called me home last night?" I nodded and tried my best to focus on him while not crashing. He abruptly stopped the bike and tears began streaming down his face. I dropped my bike a ran over to him.

"My parents are getting a divorce," he sobbed.

"I'm so so sorry Finn," I cried while hugging him. Finn has always been extremely close with his parents, and anytime he heard about other parents getting divorced and families being torn apart he would get scared that it would happen to him. I held him tightly as he wept. He kept mumbling sorries and that he didn't mean to cry like this, I would just tell him he had no reason to be sorry. After a while, he calmed down and we sat underneath a tree just enjoying the cool breeze.

"Thank you, " he weakly smiled at me.

"For what?"

"Being my best friend. I love you El."

I laid my head on his shoulder. "I love you Finn, " more than you'll ever know.

////////////////////////

Hey!
I hoped you guys enjoyed that chapter! Sorry for the sad stuff. Btw the picture up above us El's hair. See you all again soon!

Love,
May❤️