Eyes that twinkle (2)

Two males were skimming and checking out books in a bookstore. One is the department head of the Creative Department of Sun and Moon Corp. while the other is the team leader of the Content Team.

"Come on Krist, cheer up. I'll buy you.. popcorn??" Tay coaxes the younger male who just couldn't stop sighing. But rather than feeling better, Krist just sighs more.

"I'll go check some reference books over there P'Tay." Krist says with a beaten voice. 

He doesn't know what happened to his department's content leader but he has a hunch that it's probably because of Singto. Tay sighs too. When did sighing become contagious?

While going through the shelves of books himself, Tay thinks of ways to cheer up the other. And as if the gods have shown him mercy, he sees the new issue of the manga Krist was currently reading. He takes it from the shelf and starts looking for Krist whom he immediately sees at the end of one of the hallways formed by the bookshelves.

"Krist, look here. I found the new issue for that manga you're reading. I'll buy it for you if- Krist?" Tay asks and stops from speaking when he realizes that the person he was talking to wasn't listening. He looks at Krist's face, a hurt expression stuck on his soft features.

"Krist?" Tay calls with a worried voice. He looks at the direction where Krist's line of vision falls, and there, he sees his department's Editorial Manager with their new recruit happily checking out a book that seemed to be talking about cats.

Tay purses his lips and grabs Krist's wrist, surprising the younger.

"P'Tay?" Krist calls out.

"We're leaving. Now." Tay says, his voice stern.

The department head glances back at Singto and New. Knowing full well that Singto likes Krist. But Tay also likes Krist. But it was a secret.

A secret only Krist and Tay himself knows after professing his feelings for the younger male years back.

Krist never returned his feelings. And Tay accepted that.But that's not what's stopping him from pursuing the other boy.

The reason why is that he knows that Krist likes Singto. A lot. He remembers that night when he found Krist crying on one of the bathroom stalls of their office when they were celebrating the success of their past project. Tay was so sure that he saw Krist happily laughing with what seemed to be an awkward laughing Singto (which rarely happened, Singto was never awkward) at the side of their office. But when Krist had to excuse himself to go to the rest rooms and Tay saw Krist's face warp from a jolly face to a sad one then back to the usual sweet smile, Tay knew something was up. That night, after comforting the crying junior, he found out that Singto had confessed to Krist but the latter had chickened out and brushed the confession off, scared of a reason only Krist knew of.

Krist, who felt guilty and scared despite knowing himself and his feelings, cried off the frustrations inside the cubicle. Krist loves Singto. That mere fact hurts but he has to endure it and just be the supportive boss, and well, senior to both of them. But, a year have passed since he knew of this, yet Krist and Singto never got together. Call him evil, but when Tay saw New and Singto earlier, he felt happy. If Singto does get together with New, does that mean he'll get a chance to be with Krist? Was it bad for him to finally get a chance with the person he likes?

Taken aback from the sudden force, Krist breaks from his trance and looks at the senior who seemed to be so done with him. He frowns and tries to pull his arm back.

"P'Tay, I'm still not done looking for reference books. The project deadline is nearing." Krist protests, hoping that the senior would listen to him. Though the other man seems to be adamant on dragging him out.