chapter fourteen. battle of the bands

Millie sighs as she, Grace, and Flynn walk into the room where the bands were playing

Millie sighs as she, Grace, and Flynn walk into the room where the bands were playing. "It's like y'all hate me," she says with her hands in her pockets and her hood on, not in the mood to make eye contact with anyone at this moment. It's already shitty enough that Hunter is Ginny's potential new love interest but he's also her former bandmate. She wrote half of their songs for them, she wonders who writes them now.

"We don't hate you," Grace says zipping up Millie's jacket. "Yeah and are you her mother or something?" Flynn asks with a laugh. "She my mommy," Millie says biting her lip making Flynn fake gag. "Do that again and I'll unfriend you on Facebook," he says looking at the girl.

"Neither of you have Facebook. We're not thirty," Grace says with a laugh. "We'll download it. Create accounts, friend each other and then I'll unfriend," Flynn explains. "I wish I could unfriend you in real life," Millie says as Flynn rolls his eyes.

"Guys, shut up. Hunter is about to play," Grace says as the two stop talking. He starts singing about Ginny as the three cringe. "Valentine is quaking in his grave right now," Millie says as she pulls her hoodie string and hiding most of her face. "I wanna go home. Please take me home," Grace says as Flynn bends down before giving her a piggyback ride as the three head out.