25 /| cold space

*•.*[chapter twenty-five]

THE ONLY THING KEEPING SAVANNAH IN place was the sudden appearance of one iron clad Tony Stark, his armored hand outstretched and glowing.

"Painful aren't they?" Ebony Maw asked the doctor, as he pushed needles further into Strange's skin. Savannah could see his awareness of Tony's position. "They were originally designed for microsurgery. And any one of them..." He turned slowly. "Could end your friend's life in an instant."

Tony's response was immediate. "I gotta tell you, he's not really my friend. Saving his life is more a professional courtesy."

The Maw lifted a hand and large pieces of metal rose into the air as he walked closer to Stark. "You've saved nothing. Your powers are inconsequential compared to mine."

Stark seemed to mull this over. "Yeah, but the kid's seen more movies." And he blasted the wall of the ship, creating a hole and a direct opening to space. As the room began to be depressurized, everything and everyone, including Ebony Maw, Strange, and Savannah, was pulled toward to space. The Maw was the first to go and was forever neutralized. Savannah's binds fell away, and using her powers, she pushed against the suction.

After the doctor's cloak failed to catch him, a figure, who she was positive was Peter Parker, flew past her and caught Dr. Strange before he too could be pulled into space. Whatever advanced suit Tony had created for Peter saved them both with its metal arms.

Savannah shifted mid air. "Pull him in Peter." And he did. She immediately sealed a force field upon the hole, and the chaos had ended. "Tony," she called in warning as she hit the ground, unsure of how long she could hold it. Stark sprayed the hole with something she couldn't identify, permanently sealing it.

Savannah let out a breath reigning in her powers. She watched as Strange struggled to his feet and as Tony's suit retreated into the device at the center of his chest. Peter was visibly distracted by the upright cloak before it fluttered onto the doctor's shoulders. She moved to the view port of the ship, the mechanics of it all too complicated for her, but they needed to change courses because meeting up with Thanos would be nothing if not a giant mistake. She looked at the stars passing at hyper speed, the sight beautiful but terrifying.

"We've gotta turn this ship around," she heard Strange say as the two men approached the view port.

Tony looked at her searching for some solidarity, aggravation clear in his face. "Yeah. Now he wants to run. Great plan."

"Amazing plan. We need to go back home," Savannah said with raised brows.

Stephen shot her a look of agreement then narrowed his eyes at Tony. "I want to protect the stone."

Insufferable, Tony said, "And I want you both to thank me now. Go ahead, I'm listening." Savannah lifted her middle finger at him and he nodded. "Good enough. Doc?"

Strange frowned. "Thank you? For what? Nearly blasting me into space?"

"Who just saved your magical ass?" Tony asked. "Me."

Savannah scoffed. "The kid did most of the work."

Tony ignored this.

"I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet."

Tony rounded on the man. "Admit it. You should have ducked out when I told you to. I tried to bench you. You refused."

Strange was ever calm, his voice unimpressed. "Unlike everyone else in your life, I don't work for you."

"And due to that fact, we're now in a flying doughnut billions of miles away from Earth with no backup," Tony let out harshly.

Before Savannah could speak, a timid voice came from behind her. It was the boy, his hand raised in the air and his mask hidden away. "I'm backup."