Ch 19: Distances & Apologies

Setting: Outside

N: Aika looked at Echo-Shade and waited for Echo to say something. But he didn't, as he looked at her his eyes started glowing brighter as he squinted them slightly a bit more. Aika closed her eyes and sighed then looked at Echo.

Aika: "What?" She asked raising her arms a bit then letting them fall back to her sides.

Echo-Shade: "What? What?! What were you thinking?! Why did you do that?!" He asked throwing his arms out.

Aika: "I assume you mean what happened between me and Tokoyami before we left the battle center?"

Echo-Shade: "Oh I don't know, hmm let me think about it- YES!" He said tapping the side of his face then throwing his arms out again. "And I'm not just talking about before you left, I'm also talking about what happened with you and Bakugou! Aika you know better, you can't just let his words get in your head. And you can't just use your quirk like that."

Aika: "Echo, I already feel terrible about what I said to Tokoyami. And I feel bad about what I did with my quirk, and letting Bakugou get the best of me. So this lecture is the last thing I need right now. I get it, I screwed up and I'm sorry for that but right now I have to make it right."

N: Aika walked right past Echo-Shade and headed towards the school. Echo watched her walk away then he let out a sigh and he just vanished.

Echo-Shade: "We'll talk about this later." He said from within Aika.

Aika: "Any chance of letting this go?" She asked looking at the ground as she walked.

Echo-Shade: "Hmm..fine. Besides I think you've had a long day."

Aika: "Thanks Echo."

N: Aika made it back to the locker rooms but everyone was gone. She got dressed and left the locker room and headed to the dorms. But when she was halfway to the dorm building she stayed outside a little longer. She found a tree and sat in it's shade, she let out a sigh and ran her hand lightly over the grass.

Aika: "What am I gonna say to him?"

N: Aika closed her eyes and put her head against the tree. A bird started chirping on a branch then flew away, Aika opened her eyes and stood up and faced the tree. She put her arms out and fell backwards, and as she hit the ground she faded into the trees shadow. All around her was darkness but above her was the reflection of the outside. She was still falling and she put her arms behind her head and watched the light from the sunset. The light wasn't getting smaller but when she was falling she just looked like she was floating. She sat up and stood up and it looked like she was standing alone in darkness, but to her point of view she was.

-The dorms-

N: Aika was standing outside the dorm building staring at the body's that reflected through the windows. She couldn't see anyone's faces so she could barely make them out but she recognized some of them. She headed in to hear everyone laughing and the sound of the t.v in the background. With the guy's making jokes and some of the girls playing with a rabbit Tokoyami sat on the couch with his leg on top of the other and his arms folded as he watched the girls play with the rabbit. Aika let out a sigh and headed towards them.

Mina: "Hm? Hey, Amari! Where've you been?"

Aika: "Nowhere. What's with the rabbit?"

Hagakure: "I know, isn't he cute? He's Koda's he's letting us play with him. You gotta feel his fur, it's so soft! Come on!"

Aika: "I'll pass. But thank you." She said raising her hand slightly.

N: Tokoyami let out a sigh through his nose then stood up from the couch, all the girls watched him stand up and walk away. Aika was confused as were the girls but they just shrugged at each other and continued playing with the rabbit. But Aika watched him walk towards some of the guy's and just seeing him walk away like that made her more worried that he must have been mad at her.