Chapter Twelve: Christmas

“Hand me the butter, Delator.” 

    Delator walked over to the fridge and opened it, grabbing the butter out as I turned back to cutting the potatoes.

    “Can you also get the sour cream and cheese? Not to mention the salt.” I asked him, I heard a sigh from him as he looked through the fridge once more, I poured the potatoes that I had just cut into the pot, then stirred the mix of water and cut potatoes, finally placing the lid on top of it.

    At the moment, we were getting ready for the Christmas party that mother was hosting, in which guests were supposed to arrive in about an hour. I still haven't gotten changed and was busy cooking the meals, without my mothers knowing of course.

Minn and Ickty were both in here, finishing up a few more dishes that they had started hours before, ham and turkey, stuffing, dressing, corn on the cob, cranberry sauce, macaroni and cheese, baked potatoes, many asorts ments of wine, tea, even some sparkling wine and eggnog, along with countless more that they have been preparing.

Minn was currently working on squash while I have been busy making the mashed potatoes, for when I let Minn take a lick. She says they are made best by me. I could argue that Hogwarts has the best Mash Potatoes and I still haven’t gotten the recipe. Ickty was really quickly cleaning a few dishes so we had enough, and Delator was well, helping me.

“Here you are.” He placed all the ingredients on the counter and I nodded in thanks, taking the salt and twisted the nob, salt sprinkling into the pot as I did it just as many times as I usually do, five times total for this batch, since we have a large number of guests coming.

“You better hurry, mother is going to be mad if she sees that you still haven’t changed yet.” Delator said as I poked the potatoes in the pot to see if they were ready yet.

“I know. Let me finish this up and I will get right to it.” I told him, placing the lid back onto the pot.

“We have an hour, you might want to go a bit faster. Why don’t you let me deal with the potatoes and you go upstairs.” He said stubbornly.

“No. Because I don’t trust you with my potatoes.” I said to him, he rolled his eyes and walked out of the kitchen, probably going to see if there's anything else mother needed help with. 

I grabbed the smasher tool from the drawer next to me and placed it to the side, walking across the kitchen to grab a strainer as I looked over at Minn. She had a rolling pin out and was patting the dough that she had just rolled with a bit more flower, using magic of course, before bewitching the rolling pin to roll the dough once more.

“Are you making rolls?” I asked her as I knelt down to open the cabinets, rummaging trough for the strainer.

“Yes master Blaze, Minn is in a slight rush because Minn does not think she will finish in time.” She then snapped her fingers and a small glob of dough came out of the pile, and went right into the cupcake pans, along with the other globs until their was five cupcake pas full of dough.

“Well, they’ll be here in about an hour. So maybe we could serve appetizers until then?” I suggested. Her face lit up as she nodded.

“Minn would really appreciate it if Master Blaze could do that!! Thank you so much!!” I nodded as I ran back over to the potatoes. I took the pot over into the sink and sat the strainer I had down, tipped the pot over a bit and let them pour out, all the boiling water running down the drain.

I quickly ran back over and placed the pot dow, then grabbed the masher and began to mash the potatoes, each one perfectly mashing as I like them to before adding the sour cream, a dollop or two later then I added cheese, and began to mix it all together.