Chapter 1: The Begining of the End

"5,6,5,6,7,8" our captain called out. She was a senior and ready to graduate. There always only 2 more months till school was out. And she was ready. She let me take on her position all the time. Next year I was gonna be captain. I liked the name CAPTAIN. It fit so well. I want it so bad that our guard instructor knew it. I wanted to be just like her. I wanted to have a color guard of my own.

After practice I was heading home and my phone started to ring. "Hello." I said as I answered my phone. "Hey. It's Mrs. Davis. I need to talk to you." the person on the other side said. It was Mrs. Davis. She wanted to talk to me about next year. So I meet her at the local Mexican restaurant.

When I arrived I sat down and Mrs. Davis said, "I want you to be my captain next year. You have it in you, but you have your head in the clouds and are to worried about boys." I knew exactly what she was talking about. There was a boy on the color guard named Jorden. He was so cute. He had brown hair and blue eyes. I just couldn't keep my mind off of him. "Bella!" I heard and I looked up from my gaze. I just ruined it. She definitely won't want me as captain. "I'm sorry." I said to her. She finished talking and then we left.

On my drive home I saw this boy waving his hands in the air at me. So I pulled over and I saw who it was. JORDEN. "Hey?" I said as I rolled my window down. "Can I ride with you to your house?" He asked. "Sure." I said. How could I say no to someone so cute. I could see him out of the corner of my eye. He was jamming to the music and having a good time. I started to laugh. "Why are you laughing". He asked. I totally forgot that I was dreaming about me and him. "Nothing," I said as I played it off.

We arrived at my house and we got out. As I walked to my front door Jorden grabbed me and started kissing me. It all happened so fast that I couldn't tell that he stopped. "Why haven't we don't this before?" He asked. "Maybe because you have a girlfriend. Remeber her. Her name is Bethany." I said to him. I really didn't catch on quick. "We broke up like 2 weeks ago. I guess you don't pay attention to me that much. I was stupid to think you liked me like I liked you. I'm sorry. I'll just call my mom to get me." He said as he texted his mom to come and get him. I was in shock. He said what I wanted to hear. He liked me. "Let's go inside and talk." I said to him.

We walked into my house and sat on my couch. "I like you Bella. When you are at practice I don't think of anything but you. When you laugh I laugh. You are all I think about. Please be with me. Just say yes." He said to me. I nodded yes. "But wait." I said. "We can't be together. I want to but we can't." He looked confused so I told him about what Mrs. Davis said. And he understood. Then he looked at his phone and said, "I have to go my mom is here." I walked him to the door and hugged him and he kissed me. Then left. I couldn't let anyone find out about this or the captain position will be taken away form me. But I like Jorden. I don't know what to do. I guess we will have to find out.