Chapter 11: Back to Reality

It was Monday morning. I just didn't wanted to see Jorden or Kara. I'm not ready to see either of them. I haven't talked to either one of them since I saw them kissing. I was driving to school when I passed by Starbucks. It was only 7:15 a.m. so I had enough time. I stopped in and got me a coffee and a breakfast biscuit. When I got my coffee I headed to the high school. I looked at my phone and I realized I had a text. It was from Eric. I was happy. He made me smile. I read the message and it said, Good Morning beautiful. I just smiled. I would text him back when I got to school.

I arrived at school and I saw that Eric was waiting on me. I parked my car and grabbed my stuff. I headed toward him and when I got near him he said,"You look so beautiful." I couldn't believe him. I hugged him and then said,"I need to get to class. So lets go." He shook his head and we walked inside the building. When we walked in I saw Kara. She was waiting by the door. When she saw me and called out my name. "Bella can we talk." she said. I looked at her and rolled my eyes. I turned away from her and walked towards the stairs to get to class.

When I arrived to my classroom I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at it and it was Mrs. Davis. The message read,"Can't wait for practice tonight. Your first time as captain." I texted her back,"Yah. I'll be there early because I need to talk to you." When I put my phone up I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Kara. I totally forgot that we had 1st period. She sat down next me and said,"I'm sorry everything happened. I went to talk to Jorden about-" I cut her off and said,"I don't care. You shouldn't have been over there in the first place. So I don't want to be friends with you. You ruined everything. But lucky for you I found someone else. Mess with him and I will be pissed." I could see tears in her eyes. I didn't care so I moved and sat at a different table.

After my first 4 classes I went to lunch. I went to my normal lunch table and sat down and started to eat my lunch. I could see out of the corner of my eye a boy walking towards me. It was Jorden. "Bella, are you okay. You haven't been answering my calls or text." I looked at him and said,"Maybe its because I don't wanna talk to you." Before he could replied there was a familiar voice that spoke,"Jorden leave her alone. She clearly doesn't want to talk to you. So just shut up." I looked up and it was Caleb. I turned to look at Jorden and he was gone. "Caleb. You don't need to stick up for me. I'm fine on my own. I don't want to be with you. I'm sorry." I said to him as I turned back to my food. He looked at me and said,"Okay, I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone." He turned away and started walking toward the front of the cafeteria. Soon the bell rung and it was back to class.

After school I went straight to my car, but before I could make it there Caleb stopped me. "Bella." he said, "You can ignore me." I turned around and said, "Caleb, LEAVE ME ALONE. I don't need a boyfriend and if I did it wouldn't be you. So just leave me alone!" He shook his head and said,"You don't know what. You are confused and so you just need someone to cry to. And I'll be that guy." I looked at him and said,"Leave me alone!" I didn't even give him time to answer I just got into my car and drove away.

I arrived to my house and I could see Eric big black jacked up F-150 ford truck parked in my drive way. It made me super happy. I walked into my house and ran straight up to my room. I didn't want to look like a wreck in front of Eric. Before I could get to the stairs Eric stopped me. "Hey sweetheart." he said. "Hello. I was gonna go change, but I guess not." I said as I kissed him on the cheek. I walked into the kitchen to get some food and Eric followed. He pulled my arm and said, "What are you doing tonight?" "Well.... I have colorguard practice. It's my first time as captain. You can come if you want." I replied. He shook his head yes.

I was excited maybe this is how I tell Jorden I am over him. It might go bad, but I could care less right now. I needed to get ready for practice. It was getting close to time. So I walked up the stairs and I saw Darla changing clothes and I stopped to talk to her. "Hey, are you nervous?" I asked her. "Totally, because its my first time in front of these people." she replied. I was excited. I hugged her and said,"Everything is gonna be okay." We finally got ready and went to head to our cars. I hopped into my range rover and Eric climbed into the passenger seat. We started to head to the Jr. High when my phone started to ring. I hit my phone button to answer it and then I heard, "Hey Bella. It's Jorden." "Hi," I replied.

"You ready for your first practice of the year?" he asked. "I totally am. I ready to share all I know with everyone." I said to him. "Well it probably will be awkward, but we will make it work." When we hung up I was at the school. I parked my car and hopped out. Eric was such a gentleman. He went to the back and grab my equipment. Then we walked into the gym and Mrs. Davis was sitting on the bleachers. "There is my new captain." she said as she walked towards me. She hugged me and I said,"I'm ready to help!" "Well it looks like you have a helper already. " She said gesturing to Eric. "Mrs. Davis me and Jorden broke up because He cheated on me and me and Eric are just friends." I said to her. She shook her head yes and said, "Well, Eric you are welcomed here to practice anytime." He shook his head yes.

I watched as Eric and Mrs. Davis went and sat up higher together. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and it was Jorden. I so wasn't ready for this, I have to handle it. "Who is that with Mrs. Davis?" He asked me. "Oh my friend Eric. We meet the day we broke up." I replied. Jorden shook his head yes and turned around and walked toward the floor. Practice was about to begian.