Chapter 5: This Can't be Happenning

We arrive at practice at 4:30 pm. Practice didn't start till 5:00 pm, so Jorden, Darla, and I walked to the gym. Abbie was standing there about to open the dorr. "What are yall doing together?" she asked. "I needed a ride and Bella let me come long with her." Jorden replied. Abbie nodded and went on her business. "Close call" I said under my breath. Jorden walked into practice with a smile on his face. "What's got him so happy," I heard someone say. I turned around and Mrs. Davis was standing right behind me. "I wonder who Jorden's girlfriend is?" I heard her ask me. I shrugged my shoulders and went to put my riffle and flag were they belonged.

I heard the music begin and i started to warm-up. I could see everyone else following me. I liked it. I needed to focus. Tryouts are so close. As we warmed-up Mrs. Davis started talking. "Next week is important. Our seniors are gonna not be here anymore. So get use to not seeing them. You need to come focused and ready. Captain tryouts are different but still the same. Who is all trying out. I know Bella is. Anyone else. Raise your hand if you are." I saw 2 people raise their hands. Jorden was one and this girl name Bridget. "Well that's good. Bella needs some competition. Also, you will need black pants and a balck TANK TOP. Do not wear a t-shirt. TANK TOPS ONLY. Okay. Now lets start practice." Mrs. Davis added.

So practice was going really good. Everyone was giving emotion and no one really had figured me and Jorden out. I was glad. Abbie sat out most of the practice. That was perfect. More time for me to practice on what I wanted most, CAPTAIN. "5,6,7,8" I called out. Everyone was spinning riffle or sabre. We all tossed an 8 and caught it together.I turned around to watch. "5,6,5,6,7,8" I called out again. They did it again. I clapped and said, "Y'all look good. Keep it up."

When practice was over I watched everyone leave. "Bella is this your friend Darla you have told me about?" Mrs. Davis asked. "Yes ma'am. In 8th grade she moved to California. She is in for a month. She gets to stay with me the whole time. She also is in colorguard at her high school." I answered. "Oh really? Got any moves?" Mrs. Davis said. Out of surprise Darla grabbed my flag and did a pitch toss one turn. No one here has been able to that. Mrs. Davis clapped her hands. She was impressed. "Why did you move to California?" Mrs. Davis asked. "Well my parents wanted to move. But lately they have talked about moving back after I graduate in a couple of years." Darla answered. I rolled my eyes because I knew where this was going. "What if you lived with Bella till your parents moved back and join colorguard?" Mrs Davis said. "I'll have to ask my parents. Can I get back to you?" Darla replied. Mrs. Davis nodded. Before I could ask about tryouts and everything she was in her car driving away.

Here we go.. this close to tryouts and I might lose what I want the most And its not Jorden's fault. It's my own best friends fault. How could she do this knowing I want it bad. I am so mad.