Like a date [10]

A few days passed since then. No, a week.
Kageyama's still distant. I could tell he's trying to stay away from me. And though I still hadn't forgiven him, I didn't want us to be distant. A, because I miss him, and B, our volleyball isn't syncing. Others are clearly confused and concerned, but clearly know nothing. And I intended to keep it like that. For now, that is.

As for Akamine-san, I found he's a new student, transferring from a famous school in Tokyo.
And of course, he was in the volleyball club, playing setter.
He was sweet, kind, funny, a bit snarky but it was okay. He was strong, confident and-

"Shoyo-kun!" He called as he tossed up a ball.

I felt my cheeks flush a light pink colour as I ran up, and slammed the ball onto the other side, pushing right passed Noya, luckily winning us a point.

Looking at my palm, my eyes glittered bright in victory, staring at the light shade of red that slowly faded on my hand, later high-fiving Akamine.

Every day, we were growing closer and closer, and tonight, we were heading to the park to play some volleyball; the thought of it making me happy every time.

"Otskare~" I heard behind me as practice ended, which I later repeated as we started walking to the club room to change.
Well, walking until I felt 3 taps on my shoulder. Whenever I get that familiar tapping, it always meant.. Akamine-san wanted to..
Race!

I ran as fast as I can immediately, grinning widely as I thought I was gonna win. But clearly that wasn't the case when I saw another blond zoom past me.

In the end, I crashed into the door face first, receiving a laugh from Akamine-san, and a 'nice kill' from Noya-san, which made me pout.

~*~

Several hours later in the park, I saw the tall blond standing there with a volleyball in his hand.

"Akamine-saaaaan!" I called out, chasing after him, which he just chuckled and stood out the way to, making me just run right past him.

However to my surprise, he took my hand as I ran, and pulled me back in so I bumped right into him. Pouting, I looked up at him and he just chuckled and ruffled my hair.
"Gomen, Shoyo-kun~"

After that, I simply smiled, and proceeded with the volleyball, unaware of a certain ravonette watching in pain.

~*~

About two or three hours, we were both exhausted, laying there on the grass panting like it was the end of the world.

In the end, we decided to go grab dinner in a cafe nearby.
I recognised it, actually. It was a cafe Kageyama had brought me to once.

We were quickly seated, and searched through the menu.

"What are you having?" I asked him, looking into his mesmerising eyes.

"Tamago Kake Gohan," he replied, looking up from the menu at me.

"No way! That's my favourite!" I called out, eyes glittering.

"Really?! Same!" He called out even louder.

We hadn't even noticed everyone was staring at us, but honestly, I don't think either of us really cared.

"So that's two Tamago Kake Gohans I'm guessing?" The waitress at our table said, giggling softly.

"A-Ah. Yes please," I said, sitting back down, kinda embarrassed.

Akamine did the same, looking over at the waitress. "I'll also grab a lemonade, please," he ordered, only just reminding me about drinks.

"And you, sir?" She asked, turning her head to face me.

"I'll get the same," I smiled.

She nodded and soon left with a 'Wont take long. Enjoy~~'

For a good 15-20 minutes, we waited, chatted, laughed, and goofed around, up until the food finally arrived. I had no idea how much I looked like an excited puppy until Akamine-san pointed it out, making me blush in embarrassed.
"S-Shut up, dummy!" I muttered, making him laugh even harder.

We are, and ate, and suddenly, I was asked a random question.

"Are you and Kageyama-kun dating?" Akamine-san said, leaning his head on his palm.

I tilted my head to the side in confusion, with a soft little blush against my cheeks.

"Me? Kageyama? Dating? No way," I said, giggling. Though for some reason, my heart sunk at my own words.

We spent a while out, before parting ways, both of us going home. As I walked, I couldn't get Akamine-san out my head. It was impossible. I couldn't stop thinking about his words, his eyes, his scent. I felt like a giggly high school girl. But I didn't exactly mind it.

Though, the one thing that snapped me out of it, was the call I got from my mother.

"WHERE ARE YOU. GET BACK HOME NOW!" I heard, almost making me piss myself.

"Y-Yes, I'm on my way, mom!" I said, ending the call and sprinting my way to the bus stop.

~*~

Getting home, I couldn't get a particular thought out of my head after that. After the whole day of being with Akamine-san, I had only just realised then that, well.
That was just like a date.

—-

A/N

HERE IT ISS DJDNFNS.
Yeah that's all I have to say 😀