First Snow

-1-

(First Snow)

Margarita tilted her umbrella up a bit and some snow fell to her open palm.

Laluna hurried to her side and wiped her hand.

"Young Miss, it's getting colder. You might catch a cold if you stick your hand like that."

Margarita looks at Laluna and smiles.
"How fragile am I in your eyes?"

The woman in the middle of the garden of snow is Margarita Frost or so the name she took after transmigrating in this world.

Margarita came from a zombie apocalyptic world.
She survived in the apocalypse long enough to learn how dark human hearts were.

Though she is someone who doesn't easily trust people, she still dies after being betrayed by the last batch of people who were working with her outside the safezone.

It's a story of a past now.

Margarita transmigrated here 2 years ago.
Lots of stuff happened to her.

She realized that trusting is inevitable as long as you want to live as a human, you will eventually find someone you can trust.

"Young Miss,Master is waiting for you."

"I know." Margarita sighs and walks back to the front door.

She is recalling the past.
When she first came here. 
She is just a confused, hard headed woman who wanted to show people what after she recollected all the former Margarita's memories.

Since she will live as her, she wanted to take all her feelings into consideration and she carries her heart with her.
Now she is happy to be a real part of the family after the Duke, Margarita' father and now hers, accepted her for who she was.

"Father,"

Duke Miguel looked up and folded the newspaper.
"It's cold outside, do you not fear catching a cold?"

Margarita sighs.
"I am not so fragile."
Margarita sat down and X offered her a steamy tea.

"Miss, do not underestimate the first snow."
X said.

Margarita waves her hand, dismissing his words.

X sighs and stands behind the duke.

"Miguelito riches the Larksen Kingdom but I also heard the Larksen Princess and the Sorcerer just arrived in the Luncanter Kingdom. What troublesome thing." Miguel sighs and drinks a cup of tea.
He looks at Margarita.
"You know they were coming and didn't even tell your brother?"

Margarita smiles.
"He wanted to learn. So let him make mistakes. If he grows up being pampered...What will we do?"

Miguel also nods.
"He is still reserved. He worries so much. Once he realized that in order to become truly powerful, using all the family's connections are a must."

Margarita nods.
"Yet...You can't help but wonder, right. If he can become a powerful individual in his own way."

Miguel has a proud smile.
"Of course I am thinking of it but that is too idealistic."

Margarita took a small biscuit and took a small bite.
"He is still small. He can explore and mess around. Let him be. Once he gets tired of trying other things, it is reassuring that there is an alternative solution."

Miguel nods.
"How about you? I heard about that woman you and Prince Dwayn help to smuggle out the country."

Margarita suddenly laughs.
"She is a lucky woman."