Chapter 12

"Are you sure it was him?" Michael asked.

I nodded.

The guys and I were all siting around the kitchen table after I had told them that my dad had called me.

Michael ran a hand through his hair, sighing a little.

"I didn't think that this would happen." Michael said.

I nodded again, playing with my fingers. Luke noticed and took my hand, giving it a small squeeze.

"I think we should change her number." Calum said.

The guys all nodded. I still kept quiet.

"Sam hun?" Luke asked.

I looked up, seeing all of them looking ar me with worried expressions.

"Sweetheart, you know that we're all here to keep you safe right?" Luke asked.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"We're gonna do everything we can to keep him away from you." Michael said.

He put his hand on my upper back, rubbing it soothingly.

"What will happen if he tries to see me?" I asked.

"We'll get a restraining order." Ashton said.

I nodded. Still feeling on edge.

"I think I need a nap." I said, standing up.

The guys nodded and I headed upstairs to lay in my bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out.
___
"You're such a disappointment, you know that right?"

I nodded, feeling the hot tears run down my face. I kept my head down, trying to focus on cleaning the dishes.

"You don't do shit around here unless I tell you to. You're so fucking useless."

I tried to keep myself from full on sobbing. The tears kept coming and it was getting harder to see.

I felt him leave the kitchen and heard the recliner go back. I felt relieved that he wasn't over my shoulder anymore, but I still felt on edge.

"Get me a beer." I heard him yell.

I scrambled to grab one before bringing it to him. He snatched it out of my hand, starting to drink it.

I started to walk back to the kitchen before I heard the bottle shatter next to me. A few small pieces of glass hit my skin.

"Clean that up, and get me another one."

I quickly went to grab one and handed it to him, starting to clean up the glass. I could feel his eyes burning a hole through me.

"I wish I never had you." He said.

"Sam sweetheart. Its just a dream baby."

I quickly sat up, feeling scared and confused.

Michael was standing next to my bed with a concerned face. I pushed the blanket off of me, suddenly feeling hot.

My chest started to feel tight and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I gripped Michael's shirt.

Michael noticed and pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back.

"Shh baby, its okay. I'm here. You're okay. Just breathe with me. Can you breathe with me hun."

I kept a grip on his shirt but started to copy his breathing. I started to feel my chest go back to normal. Michael kept rubbing my back, saying soothing things to me.

Finally I felt calmer.

"Did you have a bad dream?" He asked.

I nodded.

We were laying in my bed now. My head on his chest as he played with my hair.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked.

I shook my head a little, tracing patterns on his shirt.

We stayed like this for awhile before I finally asked.

"Do you think I'll ever feel normal?"

He sighed a little. "Theres no such thing as normal. But you will get to feeling your best self one day."

I nodded.

I just wish that I felt that way now.
______