Chapter 25

Pain.

That's all I felt when I woke up from my nap. 

I think I made a noise, because as soon as I opened my eyes, all of the guys were standing around me. My eyes landed on Mike, who gave me a small smile.

"Hi sweetheart, are you feeling, okay?" He asked in a gentle tone.

"Hurts."

He gave me a sympathetic look and then asked Luke to get the doctor. Mike took my hand and squeezed it gently.

"I know Hun, you're going to feel some pain for a bit. But I promise we'll get you some more medicine soon."

I nodded, trying to get myself comfortable but I made it worse. Pain shot through my body, which brought tears to my eyes. I knew that I would be in pain, but not this much pain. Mike quickly helped me to try and make me more comfortable. 

When the doctor came in, he gave me a small smile.

"How are you feeling Samantha?" He asked, sitting down in a chair next to the bed.

"It hurts." 

He nodded, jotting a few things down on his note pad.

"I'm going to have a nurse come by and up your pain meds. You're going to feel some pain for a bit, but we'll try and manage that. Any questions?"

I shook my head and the doctor nodded, before he left.

"Was it successful?" I asked, looking between the guys.

"We'll have to wait it out and see. But it's not your fault if it doesn't work." Ash said.

I nodded. 

I really hope I didn't go through all of this for nothing. 

"You guys still owe me my ice cream." I said.

They laughed.

"I'll go see if I can get some." Cal said, leaving the room to find some.

The nurse came in a few minutes later to check on my vitals and up my medicine dose. She also handed me a button that I could push when I needed a bit more medicine. Cal soon came back with ice cream which I was grateful for. I didn't have an appetite, but I could manage some ice cream. 

The guys stayed for a bit before they all needed to head home to get some sleep. They said their goodbyes, and all hugged me carefully before they left. That left Mike and I alone.

"Mikey?" I asked quietly.

"Hm?" He looked up at me from the chair next to my bed.

I played with my fingers for a moment before I spoke. 

"Do you think it would be weird if I called you dad?"

He smiled softly and moved to sit carefully on the edge of my bed. He took my hands in his, giving them a squeeze.

"No sweetheart. You can call me whatever you're comfortable with."

I nodded, giving him a small smile.

"I'm grateful to have you in my life." I said

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I'm grateful to have you in my life as well. You've changed me and how I view the world." 

"Can you hold me?" I asked, yawning a bit.

Mike nodded. He carefully laid down next to me, letting me put my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and turned friends on the tv so that we could both fall asleep.

"I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart."

We both fell asleep with friends playing quietly in the background.