Morning, my little sunshine

I was feeling. Again.

The thin layer of moss on me. The humidity of the air against me, again. Then, I realised I could also move. And see. Although I first experienced panic when my eyes found not hands nor skin, but bones, a sudden chill came down my spine. That's right. I was dead. But I was alive, too.

I could feel. I could think. I got up and the grass emitted a slight hiss, as if it wasn't willing to get rid of what had fed it for a long time. I realised then that I lacked a foot and a hand, and I still had a sword stabbing my chest. It didn't hurt, so I didn't care. Simple reasoning. I then felt the urge to communicate. Impossible. Dead men tell no tales, and apparently I couldn't even scream.

I walked in circles through the forest in an absent minded way, wondering why's.

Why was I alive?

Why was I there?

Why only me?

There were thousands of other skeletons lying in the ruins.

And someone chose me?

But who?

For a second, I noticed a black thing moving. I had spotted a black cat.

It was looking at me, the one who had gotten up from a... How long? It doesn't matter. The one who awakened from his eternal sleep. Not so eternal now, though.

It started licking its paw and I decided to get closer. I was able to lay down my one hand on it. It was incredibly warm compared to the ground. I liked this warmth. I gently pet it while it made a "prrrr" noise. I loved it. Sadly, I didn't want to stay in this place for long, so I had to leave.

The light started turning orange and now the ruins were dark. It was scary. I still remembered the place, so I started walking towards the river. At least it should be there, it's not like rivers move often.

A few steps after hearing the sound of the water, I heard a pleasant sound. 

-Meow.

I turned and saw the cat, slowly walking towards me. I kneeled to pet it, but it had other plans.

It jumped and made itself a furball in my neck. The "prrr" sound again. I was incredibly happy for the first time in... in? just for the first time. My past me had long died. New life, new me.

The cat was now my friend, and I started walking towards the river again. I had to clean myself up and look at myself. I had forgotten my face. What do I look like now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Thanks for reading! I really hope you'll enjoy the story. My initial intentions are to post at least a chapter a week.

"Will all of them be this short?" No, I hope I can make some a bit longer.

"Will all of them be this slow?" Of course not, remember that you can't go at 200kmph just after turning the engine on!

"May I suggest/say that...?" Please! I would love to receive both positive and negative feedback.

"Mind if I make art based on this?" Just credit me for the story and send it to me. It warms my heart to see someone enjoyed my writing that much!

There is like a 60% chance I might even try to launch a (quality?) comic of this/illustrate it. Love and support would be a requirement for it, though.