Chapter 14

Kayley's POV

Everyday, we would go down to the beach. Obviously, since we were staying at a beach house. Sometimes we would play in the water, sometimes we would build sandcastles. It was really fun.

Niall and I had Skyped Harry on his birthday. We told him where his birthday presents were, and he ran up into the attic. Apparently, someone had given Kate a spare key to my house. I was a bit scared of what the messes would look like, but I never got any calls from my parents about it, so I guess it was okay...

About two weeks after we arrived in Hawaii, I woke up to Niall laying on top of me.

"Niall, get off!" I groaned, pushing on his chest.

"You know you like it," he mumbled sleepily.

I smiled. "Yes, yes I do. Now please get off me."

"That's what she said," he whispered. I had free access of my arms, so I whacked him on the back of the head.

"Stop being stupid!" I scolded.

He just decided to keep being the cheeky nineteen year old that he was. "You know you like it," he repeated.

"Yes, yes I do," I repeated also. I pecked him on the lips and said, "I'll make you food."

He sprang off me and ran to the kitchen, screaming over his shoulder, "I LOVE YOU, KAYLEY HORAN!" Oh, I would never get used to that.

I stretched as I stood up. I limped over to the dresser, seeing as my legs weren't functioning properly yet, and pulled out a button-up shirt. Yes, I slept in my underwear. Niall couldn't figure out how to use the air conditioner. I threw the shirt on, not even bothering to button it up, and grabbed a pair of shorts. I pulled them on as I walked out to the kitchen. Niall was waiting for me at the bar, fork and knife in hand. He literally looked like a crazed serial killer.

"You can stop making that face now," I told him. His smiled faded and he set the silverware down.

"Thank you." I went to making us some waffles. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and Niall rested his chin on my shoulder. He swayed us back and forth as I poured some batter into the waffle maker.

Niall started humming Last First Kiss. I smiled and tried to focus on the waffles.

"Ya know how much I love you?" he asked.

"How much?"

"I love you to the moon," he answered.

I twisted in his arms so I was facing him. Our bodies were pressed together as I said, "I love you to the moon and back." I closed the gap between our lips. As the kiss deepened, the smoke alarm went off.

"Shit," I muttered as I turned around. Niall let my waist go. The waffle was burned so bad that it looked like a whole bunch of crushed up Oreos. Only without the cream in the middle.

I sighed and looked at him. "Niall," I said quietly as I tried to clean up the mess. He stopped my arms from moving.

"How about I clean up the mess and make some blueberry waffles?" he offered.

"This is why I love you," I told him.

He gasped. "You don't love me because of my rock-hard abs?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "You don't have rock-hard abs."

Niall's smirk faded, but he regained his composure after a second of shock.

"I do too! Punch me then!" he dared. I shrugged and punched his bare stomach. I could hear the little "oof!" he made and the thump of my fist against his torso, but still, his abs were pretty hard.