Chapter 16

Kayley's POV

I woke up to the sensation of a vibrating in my lap. I groggily opened my eyes and looked down. My phone was vibrating.

From: Kate

So why are you guys coming home early?

To: Kate

We'll explain when we get there.

I suppose Niall turned my phone on after I fell asleep. I looked over to see him peacefully sleeping with some Beats by Dre earbuds in. I fell back asleep.

The next time I woke up, Niall's lips were on mine. When he felt me smile, he pulled away and said, "Good afternoon, beautiful."

"Afternoon?" I asked sleepily.

Niall nodded.

"How?"

"Time zones. We left at three o'clock from Hawaii and it was a fourteen hour flight. Since London is ten hours ahead of Hawaii, we'll land at three o'clock the day after we left. So now, it's about two-thirty London time," he explained.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "Stop screwing with my mind, Niall." He laughed his adorable laugh and we sat there for the remaining thirty minutes we had on the flight. We made small talk. Like, how the weather was from looking out the window, how we were feeling after a fourteen hour flight, how I was managing with the seed of a human in my stomach. Ya know. Small talk.

"Please turn off all electronic devices for the landing. Please buckle your seat belts, also. Thank you." I turned my phone off and looked around. Niall turned his phone off, along with almost everybody else in the cabin. I saw some official looking people in suits and stuff turn off their blue... teeth? Blue tooths? Blue teeth? I don't know. I laughed and buckled the seat belt. It was a rather bumpy landing which jarred my stomach which hurt. I groaned and Niall looked at me funny.

"Stomach hurts," I moaned. Niall nodded and took my hand. Despite the pain, I smiled knowing Niall was going to be there for me through everything. Once we were allowed to turn our phones and such back on, we did and grabbed our bags. We exited the plane and hopped a cab. I asked them to go to the nearest gas station. The driver nodded and Niall gave me the weirdest look.

"I have to get something for my parents to break the news," I told him. He still looked suspicious but didn't say anything. At the gas station, the driver decided it would be a good time to fill the cab up with gas. Niall and I walked into the store and looked through the mugs. I finally found the two I was looking for and took them.

When we walked up to the register, I asked, "Is there any way you could put these in a box for me?"

"Sure," the lady said, popping her gum. Oh, that noise annoyed me so much. She put the mugs in boxes and I handed her the money. She gave me the change and we left back to the cab. The driver wasn't quite finished pumping the gas, so I pulled out my phone and sent out a mass text. Well, to eight people.

To: Kate, Alice, El, Dani, BooBear, LiLi, Hazza, DJ Malik

EMERGENCY MEETING AT MY HOUSE NOW!

Once we got inside the cab, I told him the address to my parents' house.

Fifteen minutes later, Niall and I were standing on my parents' doorstep with our luggage. I took my key and opened the door. We saw everybody sitting around the table.

"KAYLEY!" the girls screamed at the exact same time as the boys screamed, "NIALL!" We had two different group hugs: one for the girls and one for the guys. Once that was over, me and Niall swapped positions so I could give my fake older brothers (and Harry) a massive hug. Niall did the same with the girls.