Chapter 8

Kayley's POV

Over the next couple of days, Niall helped me set up my MacBook. I had taken a picture of what Niall got me for Christmas and put it on Twitter. I got barely any hate on it. What hate I did get was stuff like, "See? She is in it for the money!" I didn't care what they said anymore. I couldn't change what they said. It was their choice to say it. Everybody had their own opinions.

Me and Niall decided to go shopping that day, then go to Big Ben at about ten o'clock for the New Year's celebration. I dressed myself in a gray jumper, black pants, and gray Toms with my necklace Niall got me and a black watch on my wrist. Niall wore the shirt I got him for Christmas with some dark blue jeans and black Vans. He wore a zip up hoodie over the shirt and slipped a gray beanie over his head. He grabbed a pair of sunglasses and we got in his car. He drove us to downtown London and parked near some random restaurant.

"Are you okay with walking?" he asked me.

"Yeah. I need the exercise anyway," I told him. He shook his head disagreeing with me and started walking. I smiled as I heard the snow crunching under my Toms. When I caught up with him, he slipped his hand into mine and intertwined our fingers. We walked to a whole bunch of shops. Pretty much all we did was look around. I bought a couple little things for everybody. Niall bought me a phone case with heart on it and a "K" in the middle of the heart for Kayley. I immediately put it on my phone and slid it back into my pocket.

We stopped at a hot dog vendor to eat lunch. I tried to eat the hot dog like a civilized person. Niall pretty much shoved the whole thing in his mouth. I shook my head at him and finished the weenie. Heh. Weenie. We threw out the wrappings and kept walking. He found an arcade and of course we had to go play some games. I beat him in Pac Man. He beat me in Frogger. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Niall got mad at a game and slammed his fist on the old game machine.

"Ow!" he squealed as he jumped back and held his hand.

"Niall. This is why you don't punch pieces of metal," I told him. He poked his tongue out at me, so I did the same. We both cracked up and left the arcade.

As we were walking Niall said to me, "There's actually something that I don't know about you."

"Which is?" I asked.

"Why did you choose me over any of the other guys? Liam's sweet, Zayn's mysterious and hot, Harry's a flirt, and Louis' funny. I'm just me. Why did you choose me over them?" he asked.

I stopped walking and stared at him. "Niall, who was the one who kept staring at me in Nando's the night we met? You. Who was the one that gave me his number that same night? You. Who met me at the park the next day so I could talk your ear off about everything that had just happened? You. Who made me fall this in love? You. You are the answer to all those questions."

"Why am I the answer though?" he questioned me.

"When I saw you on the X Factor for the first time, I had an instant crush on you. You were so adorable and lovable," I explained. "I loved everything about you. Your blue eyes, your shortness, your crooked teeth, your confidence. It was pretty much love at first sight. I followed all you guys on Twitter, memorized the video diaries, made a Tumblr, and basically stalked you guys. Everyone always said that Directioners don't have a favorite. And I didn't. I just had a soft spot for you. You were always the one from the start. Is that enough explaining?"

I looked over at him and he was blushing.

"Did I make Niall blush?" I teased.

"Psh, no. M-my face is just cold." I knew it was a half-truth. It was really cold out there, but that's not the reason for his whole face being red.