Hades Part 1

Will's POV 

I was shocked, but in the same sense excited. Did Nico hit his head and get amnesia? Was I really going to meet his father? That's a scary thought, but Nico was right. I had insisted upon getting to know his family if we were going to date. But now it was just overwhelming and scary. On the bright side though, I might not have lost Nico after all. That boy always seems to be my bright side, no matter how dark he might be sometimes. 

"Will" Charlie stood in the doorway of the Apollo cabin, Anya, Kayla, Austin, and Selena behind her. 

"Charlie?"

"You better fucking get ready, you only have an hour, and I don't feel like giving you another pep talk. I'm tired as shit and I want to fucking draw. Don't say those words, Selena."

"You-"

"Will, get. Ready." Anya said firmly. 

"What do I even-"

"Semi-formal, not too casual, but not date night in Paris either." Austin supplied.

"Should I-"

"No. You are a peasant in the Queen's palace. Humble and uncomfortable is better than narcissistic and too comfortable. Try to find a middle ground." Kayla advised.

"O-okay."

"Will?" Selena rolled toward me. "Charlie said you cared about Nico a lot. Is that true?"

I looked down at her tiny face, directly into her bright blue eyes. "Yes," I said in realization. "Yes, I...I might even love him."

"Oh, well that's okay, even though you're both boys 'cause Piper says love is love and it doesn't matter who you love as long as they make you happy."

I chuckled. Why couldn't the whole world be as wise as this seven-year-old?

"Alright Selena, We had better get you back to Aphrodite cabin. Then we can keep training." Charlie smiled.

"Yay!" Selena cheered.

"Good luck Will, don't screw it up," Anya called, heading back to the infirmary, Austin and Kayla following her. I grabbed Charlie's shoulder on her way out.

"Training? In the wheelchair?" I whisper-asked. 

Charlie shrugged. "She's got more potential than you know. Plus, she loves to draw while using the dagger. It exercises her left hand more and keeps her reflexes sharp while focussing on a specific task." Then she left, leaving me slack-jawed and alone. I supposed I did have to start getting ready because I really didn't have much time. I took a shower and tried to find something semi-formal to wear like Austin said. I settled on a pale blue dress shirt and jeans. That may not have been a good combination, but how should I know? I don't tend to do these things very often. last minute I decided to comb my hair, to maybe make myself look more put together. Then I set off in the dark, hoping the harpies wouldn't find me.

"Okay Will, just breathe," I mumbled to myself as I climbed Half-Blood hill. "Just breathe. Nico will be there, and Hades most likely won't kill you. Just bre-"   

"Will? Is that you?" Nico stepped out of the shadows, and my heart stopped. He was wearing a knee-length 1950's black dress, with short mesh sleeves and a folded collar. He had combat boots and light makeup. If there were a single definition of beautiful, he would be it. 

"N-Nico, you look-"

"I missed you, Will." tears pooled in his eyes.

"Missed you too Neeks," I said, getting a little emotional myself.