Chapter 30

"Who is Casey?" Amoly asked turning a light on so she could see this person Mikey knew.

"Look, I came here cause April had a feeling you would be here. I wanted to prove her wrong but it seems that since she had a kid she's been right when she says 'I have a feeling'." Casey said pulling off his mask.

"You guys have a kid?" Mikey asked kind of ignoring the fact that Amoly didn't know Casey.

"Yeah, she is only a five months old but she's our little bundle of joy."

Amoly was getting mad they were ignoring her. "Hey!"

Both Mikey and Casey looked at her confused. Mikey then realized she had no clue who he was talking to.

"Amoly, this is Casey. He is one of two humans that know that we exist and has helped us when we needed it."

Casey held out his hand to shake hers. Amoly was hesitant before shaking his hand. "Now that I know who you are, what are you doing looking for us? We are being hunted by the foot."

"I know. The others are concerned and want to know what happened to you guys."

Mikey looked to Amoly with a smile on his face. He knew his family would be concerned for their well being, but he knew Amoly doubted they cared for her anymore. Shock covered Amolys face as Casey spoke. 

"They wanted to know if you both were okay and safe. April and I plan on visiting them soon to see if they are okay and have everything they need. You should come with us and join them in safety. The foot wont find you where they are."

Mikey began to think. "Maybe, but who knows. They might be watching us right now. If we leave, we run the risk of the foot following us."

Casey looked a bit shocked. "I didn't take you as the thinking type Mikey."

Mikey chuckled a bit. "I didn't either but when you find someone you want to protect with your life, you become the thinking type."

Casey nodded. "I know how that is."

They began to think about what would happen and the consequences it might bring them. Mikey became the quietest he has ever been in his entire life. It freaked Casey out because he didn't know Mikey to be silent, but Mikey has grown since the last time they saw each other. Hours have now past and Amoly was passed out on the couch while Mikey paced right in front of it.

"Come on." Casey groaned. "I was supposed to be home by now, but you taking your time is gonna make April mad when I get back home."

Mikey stopped. "I'm sorry. I know that Larrota is about to have her baby soon and if we risk going to this place...I don't know what I would do if something bad happened to her."

Casey now understood why he was taking his time. "Look, they are concerned for the both of you. It is killing them that you and her might be dead right now or might be imprisoned."

Mikey nods and looks to Amoly. He picked her up and took her to the room so she could sleep comfortably. He comes back to see Casey looking at the one picture Mikey had in that place. It was of all of his brothers and the girls. All of them smiling.

"Looks like y'all were having fun." Casey said pointing to splinter who stood in the front. "I'm sure he would want you all together and safe."

Mikey sighed. Casey was right. "Yeah, but...dude, I don't want to risk putting my family in anymore danger than they are in now."

"I completely understand, bro! But understand, you would be safer with them than here."

"Yeah." Mikey nodded and sat on the couch. He looked down at his left hand that had a band on his finger. He remembered Donnie helping him make this to make sure he didn't hurt himself. He remembered the day Amoly put it on his hand as they promised to love each other no matter what. He swore to keep her safe. "Let's go. I don't want to be away from my family."