Chapter 7

A few days had gone by and the lair was filled with laughter. Donnie, Talena, And their son and daughter making everyone smile and enjoy life.
"Venus," Leo whispers, "I need to speak with you."
Venus gets up and follows Leo out of the room. He took her to their room. Having her sit down. He began to pace back and forth.
"What is it Leo?"
Venus's voice sounded worried. And she was. The way he paced made her think something was wrong. That something had happened.
He stopped at her question. Many thoughts going through his head. With that she knew.
    "Leo?"
    "Promise me something."
    Venus sighed. "What?"
    "Promise me that you'll slap me if I put you in any type of danger."
    Venus lets out a laugh thinking it was something more serious. She nods. "I promise."
    Leo kneels down in front of Venus. Holding her hands. Smiling only slightly.
    "I know that's a stupid promise but I love you too much to try to save us by putting you at risk."
Venus put her hand on Leo's cheek. "And I would be too stupid to let you." She then kisses his forehead.
Leo puts his hand on her belly. His thoughts now on the baby she was carrying. "I can't wait to be a father."
Venus puts her hand in his. Her eyes not leaving his. His were focused on her stomach. Almost as if he could see into her stomach at the growing child. The noise of Donnie's kids crying made him look at the door. "The one thing I'm not looking forward to."
    Venus let out a small laugh. "And changing the diapers."
    Leo groaned once again. Smiling at Venus. "But as long as I have you I can bear through it."