Chapter 27

"We can't do anything now. Lorotta is about to give birth and we can't just leave all the children to one of us." Leo spoke a bit frustrated.

They were all wondering what they should do to save their brother and sister.

"Yes, and we can't leave the girls here because we would need them in the mission just in case a fight accured." Donnie spoke.

Talena was standing by the window. "So its just a waiting game for now?"

Venus nodded. "We can't do anything else."

Raph sighed. He looked to the ground. He felt defeated. "As much as I hate waiting games I dont have any other choice but to agree."

Leo looked at his brother a bit shocked. But when Raph glared at him he knew to stop. "We also have to make a chore list. I know we will be busy with the children but we also have to keep the place clean while we are here and make sure we don't run out of food."

Everyone agreed.

"Alright, how about you girls write down the chores and we will divide them up. Sound good?" Leo asked looking to Venus.

"Fine but don't think we will let you guys get away with picking the easy chores." She said walking out of the room with Talena.

Donnie looked to Raph who seemed focused on the stairwell. "You okay Raph?"

Raph looked at his brother. "I'm just worried about Laura. She seems more tired than usual and hasn't been asking for a whole lot to eat."

"We need to keep a close eye on her then. It's getting close and we need to be ready." Donnie said as he looked out the window. "Trust me it is scary but its a relief when you are finally holding your baby."

Leo nodded. "He's right. If we need to we will rotate who is watching her so that way someone is there when she needs it."

"Thank you." Raph looked to both his brothers. "It means a lot that you are doing this."

"Thats what family is for Raph." Leo smiled. He sat on the couch between his brothers but then a baby cried. Of course Leo knew it was his. "I'll get it V!" Leo yelled as he ran to the babies aid.

"I'm not looking forward to that." Raph joked making Donnie laugh. They both stopped when two more babies began to cry.

"Not looking forward to a forth crier." Donnie said as he rush to his children as well but Talena was close behind.

Raph sighed and got up looking around the house. It was nice. He wished he could live here like a normal person but knew it wouldn't happen. 'What happened to us? We all have changed..' he thought to himself as he continued his stroll around the house. He soon saw Venus in the kitchen writing down the list Leo asked for.

"Don't worry Raph, we all want normal lives but we know its not possible because the humans can't know about us." She spoke as she wrote.

He sighed. "How do you know that was what I was thinking?"

"Trust me. We all are thinking that."

Those words kind of shocked Raph. He had no idea Venus thought like that even though she knew the humans wouldn't ever accept them.

"Look, Raph, we may be different in our own ways but we all feel the same way about living in secret. We want to walk the streets without humans screaming in fear at our appearance instead of seeing how friendly we are. For now all we can do is live like this. Maybe we can find an answer to that question when we aren't in danger."

Raph didn't say a thing. Even though he hated how Venus and Leo were so bossy he knew they had wisdom he would never have. He agreed with what she said.

Donnie and Talena came down holding their twins. "Raph, don't you dare have twins."

Talena said glaring at Donnie. Donnie noticed and his face showed the confusion on why it was his fault.

Raph held in his laughter as they went into the living room talking. Venus smiled when Leo came down empty handed.

"For a baby who demands attention, he falls asleep so fast." Leo kissed the top of Venus' head.

She giggled and handed him the list. "Here is that list you asked for fearless leader."

"You've been hanging out with Raph too long." He joked before kissing her.

Raph rolled his eyes. "Hey, if we didn't have a fearless leader where would we be right now?"

With Raph going upstairs Leo looked at his brother in surprise.

"Thats unexpected.." Leo said as he watched Raph.

Venus giggled. "There is going to be a lot of unexpected things. We all have changed."

Raph went into the room he chose for them. Larotta was sitting on the edge of the bed looking out the window. Raph smiled. To him she looked like an angel.

"We could live out here you know?" Lorotta spoke not even looking his way. "We could find a place thats abandoned like the house we stayed at in the spring. We could fix it up and turn it into a wonderful home for our family."

Raph smiled and sat next to her on the soft bed. "That doesn't sound bad, but we would need money for bills and with us being turtles we can't get jobs like the humans can."

She sighed. "I know. I'm sorry."

"Hey, don't be sorry." Raph had her look to him. "It is possible we could live like that but for now let's focus on what's going on." He put his hand on her round stomach. He could feel the baby kick through her plastron.

She giggled. "Okay."