Chapter 9

Y/N POV

I could see the pain in his eyes.

"Dr. Lee, there has to be another way. There's always another way, right?" I said.

"I'm sorry, miss. We tried our best. But she's not showing progress." Dr. Lee said and left.

Jungkook fell absolutely silent. I got worried about him.

"Jungkook?" I kept my hand on his shoulder. He didn't talk and went outside. I followed him, calling his name. I went ahead of him and blocked his way.

"Jungkook wait!"

He started crying. He sat on a bench on the street and cried his heart out. I sat beside him and rubbed his back.

"I know it hurts like hell when you're losing your loved ones. But don't lose hope. I'm sure we'll find a way.

And do you think she'll be happy if she knows you're crying like this? She wants you and Jiyeon to be happy."

He pulled me in a hug startling me. But I hugged him back knowing he needed comforting. He cried on my shoulder. He pulled away after a few minutes.

"I'm sorry." he said looking at the tear stains on my shoulder.

"It's okay."

"Let's go home, now. I'll drop you at your apartment. Then I'll go to pick Jiyeon up."

"OK."

[ In Jungkook's car ]

"Do you live alone?" Jungkook asked with his eyes glued to the road.

"Yeah, but sometimes a few friends visit by."

"What about your family?"

"Oh, they're in (your country)."

"Don't mind but do you have a boyfriend?"

"What? No! I'm not interested in dating. I just wanna get married straight. And my family doesn't approve dating. They told me to get married to someone as soon as possible. But I don't wanna get married in a rush." I chuckled.

"Ah...."

"Oh, stop right in front of that building. That's my apartment."

Jungkook stopped the car.

"Why don't you come to my apartment?" I said as I opened my seatbelt.

"No, no. I'll come some other time."

"Did you forget something Jungkook? We're friends. And friends listen to each other."

"OK, I'm coming."

I smiled being happy.

[ At Y/N's apartment ]

I opened the door and told Jungkook to sit.

"Jungkook, can you sit here for a few minutes? I'm just gonna go take a shower. You can watch the TV if you want. And that's the Wi-Fi password."

I said pointing at a wall behind him

I said pointing at a wall behind him. I had written the Wi-Fi password on a paper and stuck it on the wall cause I always forget it. I went to my room to take a shower.