5 - all at once

"Everyone gather up" Professor Montez calls us as we finish stretching after our two hour training session today

I had spent my first two weeks at NYU exploring and getting to know Daiz, Gen and Gen's friends from the dance course Kacie, James and Alyssa, I also had met Ethan, Daiz' boyfriend and Dom, his friend, along with Kalen who is best friends with them, they even managed to drag me into a party last Friday night, it's not like we didn't have parties at UMN or that I didn't like them —because I know how to have fun— but I wasn't expecting to get into that so soon in the semester but as Daiz said and I quote "What a better way to get into NYU than going to the first parties of the semester" which you guessed it was in none other than the football house.

But overall I was immensely happy in my new life like it has been designed just for me.

"So as you all know" Our professor starts breaking me out of my transe "The winter gala is one if not the most important event of the year, there will be scouts from professional dance companies and it is your chance to take the spotlight and achieve your dreams of being A level dancers" He starts explaining and you can hear some cheers of the group.

"So we will start preparing since this week, the first steep will be qualification, as you all know everyone has a solo along with the group routine and there will be two duets available this year, and of course the spotlight solo, which is the most important number of the dance, during this week I will be watching you and assigning the roles next Monday." When he silences everyone starts clapping, I was completely aware of the gala, everyone knows about it but I was nervous of it, being watched for a week wasn't something I was looking forward to.

"Mrs. Caddel wishes she could be here with you this week, however she is not available at the time, you are all dismissed" He finishes clapping his hands together and exiting the room, Mrs. Caddel is a very prestigious ex-dancer, she is in charge of the program, however being so important in the industry she has other projects, for example now, working in Paris for some gala, she is terrifying, super strict and scares me which makes me glad we have Professor Montez with us this week.

"Aren't y'all so excited for the gala oh my gosh" Alyssa says once we reach the changing rooms, "I'm so nervous but excited at the same time" Gen squeals while taking off her slippers, "I hope we get a solo like last year" Kacie excitedly says referring to her and James, since they were siblings and always dance partners.

"What 'bout you Lot?" Alyssa asks me since I had been quiet during the whole exchange "I'm excited but nervous as well, this is my first gala" I chuckle nervously but Kacie just scoffs and says "You'll be fine, you're actually one of the best dancers I've seen" and everyone else agrees making me blush, I am not used to receiving compliments.