•4 - You And Me•

Chapter 4 - You And Me'You're the reason I hold on'

'You're the reason I hold on'

Adalyn POV

Week Two:
I thought by now the tests would have subsided but they didn't; in fact they became more frequent. My meals were bland and the break times we had seemed to either drag on forever or fly by in seconds. Minho however still managed to keep some what of a smile on my face whenever I was with him but all that changed when I was alone in my room.

One singular bed decorated it along with one desk and a wooden wardrobe. Situated on the desk were several pieces of paper along with three black ink pens. I hadn't yet decided what I was going to write on them but I knew when the time would come I would think of the right thing.

When I laid on my blue comforted bed on the eleventh day, I felt a memory pounce to the front of my mind causing my whole body to sink into a state of unconsciousness.

Four months, that's how long me and Delilah had been trapped in what we called 'The Scene.' Four months filled with nothing but; building, gardening and cooking. Turns out the brunette is the best cook ever to grace this land but there wasn't much competition. Neither of us had stepped foot into the depths of the walls yet but we knew it was inevitable that it would have to happen.

"Hey Lilah, do you think we should go through the gaps soon?"

"If you're so bothered about it then we'll go tomorrow Lyn." And that's what we did.

When the next day blossomed and as soon as dawn blessed the navy sky, me and Delilah were off and we didn't look back.

My mouth gaped at the sight. Hundred foot walls surrounded the place like guards to a palace while captivating ivy hung from their bodies. Wind whistled while our footsteps echoed and bounced off the walls. To both mine and Lilah's surprise, I was extremely talented in the running department since I was a few feet ahead of a panting brunette.

Glistening sweat beaded my tanned forehead while the ground started to rumble before it shook as if an earthquake had hit.

"Lyn we need to go, like now!" My best friend shouted over the deafening noise before I grabbed her wrist and dragged her along the path I had memorised.

It took us a total of seventeen minutes to fall back onto the emerald grass and only three more minutes until the walls connected back to each other like a set of magnets.

Our heaving breaths were all that could be heard until Delilah finally broke the disoriented silence.

"Well that was a fucking experience."