•7 - Scars•

Chapter 7 - Scars'I held on tightly as you held onto me'

Chapter 7 - Scars
'I held on tightly as you held onto me'

Delilah POV

Month Three - Week One:
Ever since the night Newt woke me up from my nightmare, the days have become more and more bearable because I know he's there for me. I know the blonde Brit will always listen to me. But then again the feeling of emptiness is still lurking in my veins since the weeks keep passing by and my hope is being dragged along with it. It's been the hardest three months of my life and I just want it to be over and have Adalyn in my arms again but I can't.

The hallucinations had stopped and sleep claimed my body a few hours every night but it still wasn't a healthy amount. Out of the corner of my eye, I always saw Newt glancing over to me and whenever I caught him he would only give me a stupidly cute innocent smile.

On the fifty ninth day, me and Frypan had finished cleaning the kitchen when a blood curdling screech echoed throughout my head and I knew exactly what was happening. Adalyn's scream created an unnerving sensation to eat away at my stomach before warm blood trickled down from my ears.

"Delilah, Delilah what's going on?" The dark skinned boy's voice was muffled as if I had been submerged under water.

"Newt! Newt get over here." Were the last things I heard before a void of darkness engulfed me in a tight hug.

Scanning the new scenery, my heart instantly dropped at what I was met with. The concrete walls of the maze overpowered my fragile figure while the golden girl held onto her side panting for breath.

"Lilah I know this place like the back of my hand, I've never seen this before."

"Well shit Lyn, where the fuck are we then?" Buts that's when it happened; an opening.

Giving each other a look of confusion, I stepped in front of the Sprinter and placed one foot into the gap before I felt a force guide me towards it as if I were a magnet.

"Lilah! Lilah where are you?" Adalyn's worried voice bounced of the walls until I felt a warm hand touch mine.

"It's okay, let's just go back." My past self insisted just as a foggy gas filled the cramped room.

Coughing and heaving, it felt as if the air had turned poisonous since every breath I inhaled felt like I was breathing in fire. Feeling Adalyn loosen her grip on my shaking hand didn't help either because amongst my lungs fighting for air, I lost her along the way.

"Lyn! Lyn don't leave!" I shouted before I saw her familiar figure inch closer towards my trembling one.

"Adalyn?" Was all I could say before she swiped a sharp and unseen knife along my jaw instantly causing a warm liquid to dance around the neck.