•9 - Home•

Chapter 9 - Home 'Cause you feel like home, you're like a dream come true'

Chapter 9 - Home
'Cause you feel like home, you're like a dream come true'

**mentions of a suicide attempt and drugs in this chapter**

Delilah POV

Month Four - Week One:
For the last week I've been feeling better since I've been getting at least four hours of sleep most nights. The only reason I've achieved this is because of Newt, he checks up on me all the time and he always makes sure that I'm okay. And in all honesty I have been okay but I feel guilt tug at my heart whenever I admit it because I don't know what Adalyn's going through. But then the blonde boy tells me I deserve to be happy so all the guilt gets drowned out by his kind words.

On the eighty fifth day sleep had consumed my body but had also gifted me with a memory of my life before the maze.

"Mummy, when will dad be home?" My delicate voice questioned as my past self sat on the couch along with a beautiful woman.

"I'm not sure sweetie but while we wait do you want to watch a movie?" The mocha brunette woman asked and my younger self automatically jumped up in excitement.

"Yes!"

My subconscious self watched as the film came to an unfortunate end before the door was suddenly swung open only to reveal a tall man with sweat decorating his face.

"Emma, I need more money." His deep was anything but welcoming.

"You had the last bit Michael." My mum informed but immediately tensed when his face contorted into anger.

"I need more money!" My dad bellowed and I watched as his trembling body inched closer towards our shaking silhouette's.

Scanning my emerald eyes over his appearance, it finally hit me. I was too young to realise it then but now I can clearly see the white power which was scattered under his flaring nostrils.

"Dad please . . ." But my fragile voice was soon interrupted.

"Lilah it's okay." My mother assured but it didn't convince me one bit.

"It's not okay Emma, give me the god damn money." Michael screamed and my jaw instantly dropped when his strong hand gripped the brunette's bicep.

"Dad no! Please don't." I shouted but was soon dragged out of the darkness by a soothing voice calling my name.

"Delilah, it's okay. It's just a dream." But Newt was wrong once again. It was a memory.

"I know, I'm sorry." My shaken up voice apologised but I stared as he shook his head inevitably making his shaggy hair fall onto his brown eyes.

"Don't bloody apologies love, you can't help it." The blonde boy smiled at me and I felt a faint blush creep up to my face.