chapter twenty, resolved relationships

Tommy's POV
(tbh when is it anyone else's POV)

"Tommy! Where have you been?"

Ranboos eyes are puffy but not wet. Fresh burns run down his cheeks in the shape of tears. Was he crying? Ranboo grabs me pulling me into a tight hug. Ranboo winces again as a strange sizzling sound burns. "Hey, Ranboo! What's up?"

"It's you."

"Yeah, of course, it's me. Tommy," I smile awkwardly.

He steps closer wearily closing the gap between us. His face is swimming with shock as if he's just seen an alien. "I haven't seen you in four years."

"I mean, that's a bit of an exaggeration, I've only been gone for an hour tops—"

Ranboo engulfs me in a strangling hug. His nails dig into my back. If I didn't know any better I'd think he was attacking me. "No. You left four years ago. Where have you been?" Ranboo says shakily.

I pull myself away from Ranboo. "Sorry big man, you're thinking of the wrong guy. I've only been here about a week." Ranboo tilts his standing back up tall. His entire body looks somewhat burnt. "Besides, I was only at Tubbos house."

Ranboo looks speechless. What the hell is up with him? "No. The Tommy who came a week ago had brown hair. You have blonde hair."

"Yeah— about that. My hair was dyed brown. It washed away in the rain."

Ranboo pauses folding his arms tightly. He looks back at me with a blank stare. "So you're that Tommy." His eyes go ablaze. "You idiot! What were you thinking? Sneaking out all by yourself. Something bad could've happened to you."

"Chill. I can take care of myself," I blow off.

"You can take care of yourself? Seriously? I seem to recall the reason you're here in the first place is that you got beaten up and then Technoblade and Wilbur had to save you. Plus, I can't even imagine what I'd do if something did happen to you," he rambles.

"Sorry," I frown looking at the floor.

Ranboo calms himself down. "It's fine. Don't apologize."

Don't apologize? The phrase feels so foreign I can hardly believe me and Ranboo are speaking the same language. "Ranboo? Is it alright if I go talk to Wilbur and Techno?"

"Are you sure you're ready?"

"Hundred-percent."

Ranboo nods in approval. He reaches into a closet pulling out a fluffy towel throwing it at me. "Here. You're soaking wet." I wrap the towel around myself holding it tightly in the front. "From what I know, they're in the main lounge. Down the stairs, take a left, then finally a right."

"Ok, thanks."

"It is but my humble duty as your guard to guide you," he teases to lighten the mood.

"Don't patronize me."

...

Deep breaths. Remember what Tubbo said. They care about me. He's right. I was being somewhat of a dick. I tug the towel with trembling hands. It's alright. What the worst that could happen? I turn right around the corner into the lounge. Techno sits comfortably reading a brick-shaped book while Wilbur sits on a fluffy couch lazily strumming his guitar.

"Sorry," I murmur. Techno and Wilburs eyes dart up to me. Tears prick my eyes. Not right now, please not right now. "I'm so sorry. You were just trying to be nice and I was just being kind of a dickhead. I understand if you're mad. I would be too. I also understand if you want to kick me out and never see me again because I'm a good for nothing—" I hiccup.