chapter 2

when you went home, you immediately got to business, watching countless youtube videos and practising deep into the night. by the next morning you were well able to maintain a solid balance and push with your feet, more than enough to get through the city comfortably. weeks and months passed and you had spent all your days skating and learning new tricks, instead of searching for a job. by 3 months, you had nailed almost everything you could find on the internet, from an ollie to a kickflip to even jumping off high ramps and flipping through the air. you wanted to label yourself a professional but that seemed too much. you laughed, at your pride but it was genuine. you had put in so much time and effort into learning to skate, there was something about becoming better and learning new tricks that made your heart pound with excitement.

you decided to return to the skate shop when you accidentally snapped your board for the first time in 3 months. just like the day you first went in, the red haired boy was in there, mending to some other boards as you walked in. he turned his head to see you, immediately recognising you.

"i broke my board" you said shyly as you asked for his assistance once more. this time you knew exactly what sized and shaped deck you wanted and the types of wheels. reki pit it together for you perfectly and it was better than any custom item you ever had. you were grateful once again. you guys made small talk and you told him your progress and he was shocked to learn how fast you grasped everything. "you should compete in S" he said and you realised you had forgotten about it. you nodded and he passed you a spare pin he had, you thanked him as he finished telling you the details. you smiled.

tonight you would go to the skate park and compete with someone. your blood boiled with excitement.

as the night approach you walked through the gates, flashing your pass as you walked in, welcoming you to the skate park that seemed so majestic and fun. you heard murmurs on how the leader adam would be there. though you remembered the adam from your childhood, it didnt cross your mind that it was the same guy. after all why would someone from his high status family be skating. you shrugged before hearing a voice behind you, "hey newbie girl... you wanna challenge me?" the voice was sarcastic and you turned to see a man who looked around your age. just your average guy provoking you, but you shrugged, you didnt mind.

the two of you walked to the start line as a few people crowded by the sides of the path. "im gonna beat you to a pulp" the guy boasted and you rolled your eyes in silence. he seemed to be a well known skater here you guessed and you watched the lights flash before it turned green. you raced down the pathways moving quickly, finding you were neck and neck with the guy. you had to pull ahead, noticing a rock that seemed like a ramp. you peddled your leg on the ground, driving you faster to the rock as you flew off, deciding to show off a little with a double flip, before eyeing the path, turning your board mid air and leaning down towards your desired landing position which was well further from where you were previously. the drop was a good 10 metres but you managed well, apparently shocking the crowd.

you quickly finished your race, leaving the guy in the dust. from a monitor, adam watched as interest in you grew to him. you seemed worth competing against, someone who could maybe be his EVE. nevertheless, tonight he was racing another skater, one he thought was good but now after seeing your spectacular show had left his current opponent insignificant. his brows furrowed, remembering the girl he saw fall on the pavement 3 months ago. was it the same girl? it seemed that she had only just got her first board that day, did she learn all that in 3 months? adam's interest peaked, it was even more exciting that you grasped it that fast.

as he reached the vicinity, you had already raced 3 other opponents, each time leaving them in the dust and winning. however you wholeheartedly thanked each of them for skating with you. you enjoyed skating and you enjoyed doing so with others even if it was a race. they were all taken aback by your kindness, earning you a name for yourself as the girl who was a friendly skater despite her rocking skills. you had earned yourself the title of "cloud", the gentle puffy things in the sky that were so beautiful but had the strength and power of a thundercloud. you liked the name.

after the races you decided to go home, not really caring about seeing this adam's match. you were tired and you wanted to get some sleep. as you reached home your father was standing by the door with a smile on his face. "y/n! castello has given birth!" your face lit up. one of the horses in your stable had given birth to baby horses and you couldnt help but smile. it seemed a little coincidental but castello was the horse that blue haired adam had ridden as a kid. your memory suddenly drew close as you remembered him. you talked once but it was like you guys were bestfriends. you smiled, wondering how he was doing, would he remember you. you patted the horse as it nuzzled you in the neck before you went to pat its baby.

suddenly, a burning desire to see adam formed in you. you wanted to tell him about castello and her children. it was a good enough excuse to go. you smiled and decided to go tomorrow. you looked through your father's old envelopes, finding the one from adam, showing the return address. "bingo" you said as you typed the address in your phone before heading to bed.