final chapter

his heart began to feel warm and he grabbed you by the wrist, picking up both your boards and you skated out of the warehouse and out of the venue.  you were confused as to where he was taking you but he led you to a small cliff out back, with a beautiful view of the city. he pulled off his mask and his elaborate outfit, changing into a hoodie similar to the one you were wearing. you laughed as you walked up to him, lifting your hand up to mess up and fix his extremely gelled hair. "that's better" you said and adam and you laughed.

suddenly, adam's gaze grew serious and you stared curiously. he moved closer to you and held your hands in his as he looked at you gently. your heart began to thump and your cheeks grew hot and a swarm of butterflies were making its way to your tummy.

"y/n... i really enjoy skating with you... and riding with you. i remember when i first met you and we rode together, it was one of the happiest days if my life, and i remember being extremely sad when you werent allowed to talk to me anymore because of my stupid title. ive had it rough these past few years i guess and i kind of lost sight of myself, i used to skate with my friends all the time but i lost sight of the joy of skating, skating with people. i became obsessed with winning, becoming almost the best till i could no longer find someone to skate with. i was in a world that was so vast and like a boundless void, one where skating was at its best. but that void was so lonely... i was all alone there..." you listened with genuine concern, letting him continue.

"and when i bumped into you again two days ago and we skated and rided together, it was like i found the light to guide me... i wasnt lost anymore. im really grateful for that y/n. i dont know but you've always made me happy... though we didnt have alot of encounters, i always remembered you... and now that i met you again, im just really happy to skate with you, skating is really fun... and i know we havent had much time with each other but i really like you... i think i always have..." his voice cracked a little as tears rushed to his eyes. your heart fluttered a little and your eyes began filling with tears too, you enjoyed being with him too.. so so much. you smiled as you looked at him with hope.

"will you be my eve?" he asked and you nodded, so quickly he didnt even finish his question. tears began flowing out of both your eyes and you looked down at your hands which were in his. you moved closer and wrapped your arms around him, embracing him in a hug. adam raised his eyebrows unsure of what to do but slowly he returned the hug and both of you felt comfort. it seemed like fate.

soon the two of you let go from the hug and adam looked at you in the eye as they sparkled. "may i?" you nodded and adam raised his hand to cup your cheek before leaning in to kiss you. you melted into the kiss as you felt his warmth radiate through you with his other arm around your waist. you returned the kiss passionately, channeling all your emotions into the kiss so you knew you were all his. you smiled through the gentle kiss and the kiss lasted long, every few seconds you'd pull away to catch your breaths before going back in as you stood by the beautiful view of the city lights.

adam was happy, overjoyed even. but there was only one this running through his mind then....

so this is what love feels like