chapter 3

as the bright morning sun blew into your room window, you peered over to the clock. you were exhausted from last night since it ended so late as well as you hanging out with castello and the other horses before only going to bed at 4am. it was now 11am and it was nearing 12, and time for
lunch. you had decided to go see adam today, hoping that he would remember you. you grabbed some brunch from your fridge before walking over to the stables to greet castello and her new baby. the baby didnt have a name yet. you smiled, later finding out from your dad that castello had mated with buddy. buddy was coincidentally your horse, your buddy who you rode with all the years. your companion. you laughed as you snapped some pictures, getting ready to leave your house.

you picked up your board and rode through the city, letting google maps guide you to your destination. soon you arrived and you looked to see a nice big gate which looked evident that it was the right house. you pressed the doorbell, leaving your board outside, hoping that no one would steal it.

just nice was it that adam was the one who walked over to see who it was. his helper you recognised as tadashi stood beside him. "what is it ?" tadashi asked you and you hesitated not sure how to respond to such an outright question. at the corner of your eye you saw adam with a look of shock on his face, 'did he remember you?'

"cloud" he mumbled but loud enough to hear you. you were taken aback by the fact that he knew your name at S, but it concluded that he didnt remember and recognise you the way you thought. "yea im cloud... how did you know?" you said and adam was silent, not sure whether to reveal his identity. but you had come here for some reason right, was it because you knew who he was or some other reason. adam knew you left before he showed up last night so he doubted it was that you knew his identity.

"why did you come to see me?" he asked and you began. not sure how to explain. on the otherhand, adam wanted to ask you to be his EVE, immediately and at that moment. he wanted to race with you and have you has his companion rider, not in the way you would have expected though.

"im y/n l/n..." you said your real name and adam cocked his head, seeming to recognise it somewhere. "i'm mr l/n's daughter... your equestrian coach years ago..."

at that moment adam's heart began to pound. you were the girl he rode with in the fields one time, but that one time seemed like you guys had known each other forever. although he was relatively young, it was an experience he would never forget, not ever. he remembered you very vividly, and believe it or not that day was the one of the most happiest days of his life. it had been so long since he had felt joy like that. the pressure of his family's title only got to him, and the lack of friends that he let go of over the years left him alone, ironically in the dust. at that moment, the combination of knowing that you were that girl who's skating impressed him so much as well as the girl who had brought him pure joy and company that one day made his heart explode with excitement.

at the same time, it was like he was returning back to youth, remembering what it was like to be young and free, riding in the fields freely on a horse, not worrying about having to win any race to feel satisfied, that was what you had taught him and made him realise then. it was pretty similar to skating now... but maybe his judgement had been clouded by his bad experiences.

"skating is really fun" his younger voice echoed in his head, the first time he had skated. his chest felt warm as he looked back up at you.

"i came here because i wanted to tell you that castello just gave birth!" you said excitedly, pulling out your phone to show him the pictures of castello and her baby. adam looked at his horse and smiled, despite being forced to ride for his family's title and achievements, that one time riding with you made him like riding a little more. "the father is buddy!" you said almost excitedly, forgetting your place.

adam's eyes widened. "isnt that your horse?" he asked and you were shocked that he remembered it. but your heart fluttered a little, right now it was like you were catching up with a best friend you hadnt talked to in a long time, and learning that you still enjoy their presence. you nodded and adam smiled, as you swiped through the photos to let him see.

adam scratched the back of his head before asking, "can i go see them?" and your eyes widened but it changed into a smile, agreeing. adam walked back inside the house to take something as he told tadashi he'd come back and he'd be fine. "did you bring your board?" he asked and you cocked your head before nodding, seeing that he was bringing a board with him too.

"let's skate together" he said and you smiled.