chapter 4

"i didnt know you skated" you said as the two of you got on your boards and skated towards your house together. adam chuckled, "im adam... the one from S, i dont know if you've heard about me" he said shyly, telling you his identity. your were shocked, "the legendary best skater ?" you asked and adam scratched the back of his head embarrassed that you had just called him all that, "yea". your smile widened, excited to learn that you guys shared more in common than you thought. the two of you skated casually along the pavements. adam had changed into a hoodie and hence probably masked his identity to the public eye more. the two of you passed by a skate park which happened to be empty.

"let's go there" you said as you turned your skateboard to move towards it. adam smiled and followed you. the two of you went up and down the ramps, doing your own tricks as you enjoyed each other's company. it was so fun. and for the first time in a long time it seemed that adam was having fun too. the two of you laughed, before realising it was nearing 3pm and adam still had to visit castello. it was the first time in a long time adam had done such casual skating.

you and adam skated towards your house, a 15 minute ride and you guys arrived. your dad was sitting by the porch, reading a paper when he saw you come in with adam. his eyebrows furrowed, seeming to see where he recognised that boy. "hi mr l/n" adam said with a polite bow. "im adam, remember me?" he said awkwardly and you laughed. your father snapped his fingers and you chuckled, before explaining that he was here to see his horse and her baby. your father smiled and you led adam towards the stables.

as you approached your stables, you saw castello feeding her baby and her head turned a little seeing you and adam walk in. castello neighed loudly at the sight of adam. she remembered him of course. adam smiled before approaching castello and stroking her mane gently. you saw his genuine smile as he began talking to his horse, telling her how he missed him. he looked at the baby and he instantly went soft. you smiled, moving next to adam to pat the baby. your eyes lit up, suddenly turning to adam. "we havent named him yet, do you wanna name him?"

adam was taken aback, "is that okay?" he asked and you nodded. "we can name it together" he continued with a smile on his face. after a short while of pondering, adam and you decided on the name harvey. you dont know why but you both agreed it suited the newborn. you smiled before looking over at the horses. soon baby harvey began to fall asleep. he lay down by the side of the stable. you gave it some thought and decided it was okay. "do you wanna go ride them in the fields again?" you asked and adam nodded quickly. the two of you heeled your horses and led them out. castello giving harvey a little nuzzle before she left. you saddled up and got on buddy and adam got on castello.

the two of you rode through the fields, making laps as you two recalled the comfortable breeze from being on a horse again. the two of you rode next to each other. buddy and castello, the husband and wife were riding together as the sun began to set. you smiled as you and adam rode and chatted, catching up on everything else you missed. it was like you were children again and you two were so comfortable together.

soon it was nearing the late evening and adam decided to head back. adam smiled and waved at you before getting on his board and skating home, but not before you exchanged contacts. you smiled, happy that you were able to see him again, let alone have that type of time with him today.

suddenly your phone chimed; and you pulled it out to see a notification from adam.

A: hey thank you for today.
A: i really enjoyed it
Y/N: me too :) thank you

you smiled, a few moments later adam responded.

A: do you wanna race me at S sometime?
A: im not free tomorrow night but im down the day after if you're down
Y/N: oo yea that sounds cool. im down
Y/N: just warning ya im gonna win
A: we'll see about that
A: see you then.

you chuckled before passing out on your bed to sleep.