Is that why I am called Bats?

I came downstairs to see Edge was here. He looked like someone ran him over with a freight train. I sat him down and he gave me a sad look, "Alison broke up with me." I hugged him to console him. He smiled at me and l smiled back. We sat there chatting when GG's came and explained that GG and Hattie's meds were running low. Bats came and volunteered to get it. Edge brushed him off and got it for her.
Bats was so angry it too cute. He asked me, "Why won't you let me get the meds?" I smiled, "Please do the around the world shopping trip another time. This is meds we are talking about which meant immediately, not a few hours later." He gave me a look, "What do you mean?" I pursed my lips and explained, "When Lena was getting married she asked you to bring GG immediately and you volunteered. You left and didn't return. The venue was only fifteen minutes away from GG's apartment. So I called there to figure out what happened. You weren't there. Finally, I asked the maid to bring her. I called everyone till I called your girlfriend. You were taking a shower. GG was absent and Lena was freaking out. So after that, we have asked you for many tasks. You always take a shower and sterilize yourself and do god knows what before it is done. So we decided that regarding certain things you can't volunteer. Medicine is at the top of the list. Your germophobia can sometimes drive people bats." He gave me a look, "Is this the reason you call me Bats?" I gave him a nod and left for the kitchen.
When Edge arrived he and Bats talked for a few hours and he looked like made a life-changing decision. God, please help us with whatever he is about to do.
So the next morning I asked Mrs. White the housekeeper to collect GG's medical equipments from the apartment she is currently staying in and have it moved here. She would enjoy the cheery disposition of her new apartment. The breathtaking view would do wonders for her health. I finished breakfast and quickly changed to work clothes. I walked out to see GG laughing and joking with the staff. Her things were being moved before my eyes. I asked, "Have you seen your room darling? You look much younger and beautiful." She gave a wink, "You kids are my secret to eternal youth. I rarely have a moment where I am stressed. You kids keep me occupied with all sorts of stuff. It is an adventure with you. No matter what the time I would end up with a smile on my face. By the way, tell Bats thanks for collecting me on such short notice. He used to be the UL (Usually Late) now he is the flash. He is growing up to be a fine young man." I slipped and fell. I thought my ears were ringing, "Bats did what? I need to see a specialist. Did you say Bats did something on time? His round-the-world tour was terminated?" My befuddled expression had everyone laughing. Even they were shocked by the swiftness of Bats. He came and gave me a 'challenge me' face. I hugged him out of appreciation. He hugged me back and asked for a glass of cold water.
We sat down to talk when I got a call from MIA. She says she wants to talk about dad's will. GG confiscated the phone and explained that dad didn't leave her a single cent to her name so harass someone else. Bats politely asked to speak to her. GG extended the phone but Edge was the one who took it and hurled profanities. His mouth was like a machine gun. When he was done he walked to the bathroom and washed his mouth before he picked his briefcase and turned to leave for the university. He was a literature professor. He turned around and apologized for his rude behavior and kissed GG before he got in his car. GG poked me and asked if I had considered Christian or Edge to be my husband. I told her I will consider it with a teasing wink.