Touka's Thoughts

Kaneki was standing only one meter away from Touka and looking at her do all the steps to make coffee. Actually close up, she's quite pretty...Her long eyelashes and her charming eyes. Her slim nose and soft lips which looks so nice to touch... No no.. What am I doing thinking about her like that? She's nothing but a scary person...

Kaneki has worked at Anteiku for a week now and I still don't like him. Why?

Because he's clumsy, forgetful and way too gullible. Plates and cups dropping every few days, orders written down wrongly and getting tricked by that damn Nishiki to do his chores.

At this rate, his salary will only be enough to cover the cost of all the items he broke and to overtime.

I sigh. Sometimes I think to myself the reason why he even chose this job that does not freaking fit him when he cannot even hold a few plates and cutleries and remember orders correctly.

Seriously I feel like slugging him sometimes but manager said no violence in the shop so I have to hold it in everytime by punching the wall.

Despite him being like that, he still has his nice points. The other day me and damn Nishiki argued again and manager couldn't take it and scolded us. Kaneki defended us, although it was not only me being defended, still I felt a tiny bit happy. The other day he succeeded in cheering up a customer's daughter by telling her jokes and making her laugh. I don't dislike this side of him.

Clang. The metal tray used for serving just dropped on the floor. I broke out of my train of thoughts and sighed again. "KANEKI!!!! What did I tell you?!" He flinched. "Sorry, Touka-chan!" Somebody give me a break already.

Time skip~

Me and Kaneki are now at Walmart. Why am I here again? Oh yeah, manager told me and Kaneki to go shop for groceries. He said something about wanting me and Kaneki to understand each other more. That manager... did something unnecessary... My thoughts snapped back to reality as I heard Kaneki call my name. "Touka-chan?" "Yeah? Sorry I was thinking about something." "O-okay." I looked at the list. "Let's see.. Onions, red peppers, fresh cream, butter, condensed milk..." Touka's words trailed off. Kaneki peeked over Touka's shoulder to look at the grocery list.

I read apple and turned my head to the left to look for apples but all I saw was Kaneki's grey eyes. I could feel his breath as our mouths were only a few centimeters away from each other's. My heart started beating really fast. This is my first time being so close to a guy. I thought. I stared into his eyes for a few seconds before drawing back. "L-let's go.." I said softly as I tried to hide my blushing. "Y-yeah.." He was blushing too. We walked in awkward silence for the rest of the trip.

We reached Anteiku and managed said it was okay to go home so I placed down the plastic bags before heading to the staff room to change into my casual clothes, took my bag and ran out of the shop. I heard Kaneki calling my name but I never stopped running until I reached home.