I Know

A/N: The one-shot for now 4k. We actually reached 4k before I got this done. Thank you for the support.

When Will came to John's home, Seraphina was waiting at home for John. It would be a few minutes before school got out and it would be a good time before he got home. And they started talking...

And it came out that John had lied about his ability.

She couldn't believe he lied to her. (Even thinking about it now, her fist clenched up at her side.) Did he not trust her? Did anyone know? What happened to cause this? Why didn't he tell her?

She knew when she talked to him everything would come out. All her emotions she built up. And everything John was hiding.

She didn't want Will to see that. They had talked over the past day. He was a great man. She could see why John would look up to him so much. She wished she had a parent like that.

She didn't understand why he would feel it necessary to hide it, especially with a father like that.

So, that was why she hadn't spoken up to now – now that the taxi was outside their house and Will was just about to leave.

"But I'm happy to know that I can always count on Sera!" Will stated.

She smiled. "I gotchu. It's been a pleasure, William."

How would John react to her knowing? Will made it sound like it would all end up badly.

"Your story is incredibly inspiring," she continued. Even if John didn't have an ability, he did technically did all he did without using it. It shouldn't matter that he inspired her to stand up to her parents over a lie because she needed to stand up to them, but it still weighed heavy in her heart. "And I think you're very strong despite your situation. Please take care of yourself."

"Aww, you kids are too much!" William responded. He wrapped his arms around both of their shoulders, pulling him close to him, as tears welled up in the corners of his eyes. "Come here and gimme a hug before I leave!"

"DAD, stop it!" John cried out. She smiled at him. He was adorable when he was angry.

She would have liked to be hugged by her parents like that, although she wouldn't want it now, like her sister used to. She wished she knew where her sister was. Then she could move out with her to wherever she is living now.

William pulled John to the side to talk about what she guessed was keeping his ability a secret. She hoped that he was prepared to talk to her.

Then John walked back up to her as William began to head towards the yellow and black taxi car.

"Take care, kids!" he called back, waving in goodbye.

When they went back in (the taxi no longer in view), Sera sat on the purple sofa, knees drawn up and resting length wise on the cushion. John, after having fixed something up, stood at the other end of the sofa, coming over to sit down, whilst she scrolled through her phone.

"Phew, finally finished that assignment." John let out a breath.

"Want me to look it over?" she asked. It wouldn't take that long.

"Nope, nope, nope!" he responded, shaking. "Out of sight, out of mind."

"Was it really that bad?" she questioned.

"Uh... yes," he replied.

She didn't think it was that bad. Then again, she wasn't attending school currently.