Chapter 1: An Invitation

L = Luv

M = Mittens

            -------

L:   "Germany, there's a letter for you," Wehrmacht called. 

He walked into the living room of the estate, holding an envelope that he had retrieved from the mail. It had subtly curved embroidery on the edges that suggested formality. 

Germany's footsteps echoed down the stairs and the country emerged soon after. He took the envelope from Wehrmacht. 

"From the Mandarian brothers," Germany read the first line as he opened the envelope.

M:   Dear German Family, 

Dahver friends, we hope you are doing well as it has been some time since we've visited each other.  Thunder and I are writing to you to invite you to our country for a few days. In a few weeks is our country's independence day and we are celebrating the defeat of the Red Army. 

We understand that it may seem strange to invite you to celebrate something you had no part in, but as previously mentioned we haven't gotten together in a while and I thought this would be a good excuse to do so; plus little Poldara has been begging to see his Dad and Uncle's German friends for the past three months, so it's hitting two birds with one stone.  If you choose to accept the invitation then please send this letter back with a note that you accept, if not, then disregard this letter.

Hope to see you all here, 

~Mandara and Derogan

L:   Germany folded up the letter after he was finished reading and hummed, "Their independence day.  That's no small occasion." 

"And it seems Poldara's been dying to see us," Wehrmacht said, "I wonder how big the kid's wings have grown." 

"Does this mean you'd like to attend?" Germany asked.  When Wehrmacht nodded, Germany handed him the letter, "then it's settled.  Draft a letter back, I'll go think of a gift to give them."

M:   It was two days before the Mandarian's independence day and Mandara and Poland were getting ready for their guest to arrive. 

"Poland are you sure Flurry and Tank aren't gonna get out of the bedroom, I really don't want them tackling the Germans when they get here," Mandara shouted down the main hall of their estate. 

"I'm sure Mandy," Poland called back, "I'm deadbolting the door this time." After a moment, Poland came down the hall, "I think that's everything, where are the boys?"

Mandara chuckled, "They're out in the yard, I think Thunder is trying to teach Poldara to swordfight with those practice swords he got him, I swear it's like we're raising two kids." 

The two countries laughed, then went downstairs to wait for the Germans.

L:   Wehrmacht and Germany's car was surrounded by black security vehicles as they neared the capital city of Mandara.  While Germany admired the scenery, Wehrmacht was on the phone, slight frustration in his voice as he talked.  He eventually hung up with a sigh. 

"We're almost at our destination," Germany told him and gestured at the phone, "any luck?" 

"Iremacht says he'll come," Wehrmacht said, "but he's making it clear it's to see the Mandarian brothers and Poldara.  Not us."