Chapter 51: Lazer Tag pt 2

L:  The first thing Iremacht did was dart forward and scan the corners of the first intersection. He had his Enhanced Mode on since the maze was dark, and he listened closely for approaching footsteps. When he heard none, he turned to Poldara and whispered, "Can you sense them from here?"

Wehrmacht meanwhile was taking point with Germany while Russia covered their back. Like Iremacht, Wehrmacht checked corners before he entered a new hallway. He had to be careful not to bristle his wings in case anyone sensed him while trying to feel for the other winged players at the same time.

"I didn't realize this would be a lot like raiding a building," he murmured to Germany.

"Imagine knowing what that feels like," Germany said. "I'm just pointing my gun around."

M:   "I remember being on the wrong end of a raid before," Russia said as he was checking their backs, "I can still remember the fear I felt when MA had Kaz and I at gunpoint when we first met."

He shuddered at the memory but didn't say anything further as they continued.

-----

Mandara and MA were on the left side of the maze and closing in on Iremacht and Poldara. They knew that clipped wings had a harder time picking up vibrations than full wings so they were hoping to see if the kid could pick them up.

Unfortunately, when Iremacht asked Poldara if he could feel anyone nearby, he shook his head.

"Not anyone close," he said, "there is a tiny twitch about 15 feet to the right, but I can't tell who it is."

Right as he said that, Mandara and MA popped out of a left corridor and shot at them. Both green vests went dark.

"Better luck next time, kids" MA taunted as he and Mandara ran off to find the red team.

L:   "HEY!" Iremacht shot at them but his gun had gone dark along with his vest. He smacked it. "Damn this broken fucked up—" He went to check on Poldara. "You okay, Polds? We'll get them next time. These vests recharge in 15 seconds right?"

He scanned the area and locked onto what looked like a ramp leading to higher ground. Iremacht smirked. "Bingo. Let's go."

-----

Wehrmacht glanced at Russia in surprise. "I thought you and the Mandarians were always friends. Was this back when USSR—"

He stopped and held up his fist for the others to freeze as well. He was feeling some vibrations in his wings. And since the brothers were together, it was easier to pick them up.

"On the right," he muttered to Russia and Germany. "You two take this side, I'll go across the hall to distract them since they'll sense me. Let's catch them by surprise."

M:   "Yup, and don't hit the gun, it won't shoot if you've been hit," Poldara said, following Iremacht to the ramp.

The ramp led to a balcony in the middle of the maze, it wasn't big enough to look over the walls but it would keep them hidden from sight if someone didn't know they were there. Poldara got down on his stomach so he was semi-hidden and peeked over the edge to see if anyone comes back. Soon their lights turned green again and they were back in action.

Meanwhile, Mandara and MA were running to Wehrmacht, Germany, and Russia's location when MA stopped. He felt two vibrations on the opposite sides of the hallway in front of them, one was vibrating wings, the other was a racing heartbeat.