Chapter 17: Imposter Iremacht

L:   Iremacht saw France walking towards him and headed farther down the hall. He reached a roughly secluded corner, leaned against the wall, and stared expectantly at France.

"Are you behind this?" France hissed as soon as she reached him. "I needed those trucks."

"So did I," Iremacht said. "How else can I help you quell the anarchists infiltrating your country?"

"There is still unrest happening! You clearly haven't been doing a good job so - "

"So you didn't pay me your regular dues for the assistance," Iremacht tsked. "I merely seized my overdue payment. I was even nice and took only my share - the rest will go to assist my agents who are helping you on the ground. If anything, it's really your fault for the continued trouble - you could have just paid me and we'd all have been happy, dear France."

"Don't call me that," France winced.

"Touched a nerve?" Iremacht hummed. "My, what a powerful figure my great-grandfather was, wasn't he?"

M:   "Is my brother willing to come out with me now," MA asked, the two had been sitting in his office for a while and MA felt it was time for them to leave.

"He doesn't know, it seems a lot nicer in here than it is out there," Mandara said, still talking in the third person.

"Maybe so, but his son has been wanting to tell him about how he did at the shooting range, and how good of friends he is with Iremacht."

Mandara stared at him for a second, then smiled and agreed to go, so MA helped him up and they both started walking down the hall. On their way, MA caught sight of Iremacht and France in the corner, he stopped when he heard the tail end of what the German said.

"Iremacht, what did I say about bringing up that stuff, we had a deal remember," he said through gritted teeth, Mandara looked at him confused since he didn't catch what Iremacht said.

L:   "Apologies," Iremacht said, raising his hands in surrender. "It's getting quite stuffy here and it slipped from my mouth. Why don't we rejoin the others?"

"Wehrmacht is here, isn't he?" France asked.

"Yes, we all returned from the shooting range." Iremacht retraced his steps down the hallway. "Have the two of you sorted things out ever since the war?"

"We're on neutral terms. The nation of Germany is a close ally of ours now."

Iremacht nodded. He hid his guilt well though. Even France was closer to his father than he was.

M:   "That's good to know," Mandara said as he and MA walked with them, "I was a little worried about it considering all the ... rumors, that I heard about you two, but I'm glad you're on ok terms with each other."

"What rumors," MA inquired.

"Things I don't want to say in front of Iremacht," Mandara whispered, MA nodded in understanding and left the conversation at that.

The four made their way to the backyard where they assumed everyone was, which they were. Poldara was telling Germany, Belarus, and Poland about Wehrmacht and MA's aerial duel and how Iremacht helped him shoot a bullseye.

L:   "Not bad," Germany commented after Poldara's tale. Though he wasn't interested in shooting, Poldara's excitement was contagious. "There's going to be more where that came from."