Reliving the Past pt.2

Janus looked at his now gloved hand. Yellow was secretly his favorite color. "So you've heard about me?" Janus didn't look at Virgil yet. He wasn't sure he wanted to believe what he'd heard. "And you're a vampire, huh?"
   "I thought you'd be afraid of me because of what my kind did to yours." Virgil couldn't bring himself to look at Janus knowing what he had just told him.
    "You weren't even a vampire yet. It wasn't your fault. If anything it was that damn queen of yours." Janus grumbled.
    "Yeah, never did like her. She was a pervert and didn't care for any of us. She was only queen because she was the one who had unfortunately killed your father." Virgil was careful knowing this was a touchy subject for them both.
    "I never really got to know them. After that day all I heard was that they had been killed by the vampire queen." Janus sighed.
   "I do have a question that's been bugging me for the longest time." Virgil glanced up at Janus before his eyes fell once again.
   "As do I," Janus nodded. "But you first."
   "How did you escape the queen?" She was right there from what you told me."
   "A person who called themselves the Heir rescued me and as many other of the serpent children as they could. We lost the queen in some woods. We were put in the care of Patton actually." Then Janus got a small smile on his lips. "He's not as young as he seems. But then it seems none of us are what we say we are, now are we?"
   "What is he and how could he be the one to raise you to now?" Virgil suddenly had so many more questions.
   "I'm sure he can tell you that." Janus looked directly at Virgil now. "But after we were dropped off with Patton for protection, the heir left. They seemed to be in quite a rush. They did mention a fellow vampire named, Quil, they needed to check on to make sure he was safe. Is he still around?"
   "Yeah they are." Virgil subtly corrected. It was a gift he had. He knew what days were what for the people closest to him. "They are safe and alive and kicking. That day is very traumatic for them. It was hard and a lot of their friends didn't make it out."
   "There was another friend, a hyena mister thing?" Janus had no idea what the Heir had been talking about.
   "A ghoul? They can shapeshift into a hyena." Virgil asked.
   "Maybe, but they didn't come back after that. The ghoul must've done something to them." Janus assumed.
   "Not if I saw them years later." Virgil added. "They had caught me in the woods not too far from here and it was a strange interaction. They didn't give me a name but they were beyond angry when I called them a Prince."
   "Makes sense," Janus nodded.