Epilogue: Miss Murder

It was dark. The room wreaked of iron. The sound of bones cracking back into place echoed off the walls. Slowly she sat up and instantly recognized the room she was in. Thought the pitch black room she saw the chains and shackles laying on the ground and hanging from the roof. The remaining proof of her failure to capture the prince lay in the room and walking around in the outside world.
Though the smells have faded due to age, the memory of the hunter knights blood remained embedded in her mind. Her heart no longer beat, that's true, but she no longer needed a heartbeat. Black magic had its perks.
The memory of the marks she imbedded on the knight flashed in her mind. A smirk danced on her face at the thought. She stood and brushed the dust from her clothes. Then she turned and walked up to the secret wall and slid it open, the floor rumbling beneath her in response. She walked inside as it closed behind her.
She walked down a long tunnel, several doors were lined along the walls. She approached the last door and it opened to reveal a staircase. Walking up the stairs, the air felt lighter around her. She came to the top of the staircase and walked out another door and into a small stone hut. She went to a bedroom, changed her clothes and proceeded to walk out of the hut and into the cool crisp night.
  A smile widened on her lips as the calm wind brushed her skin. "Finally." Then she disappeared into the forestry.

(This story felt incomplete, now it feels right ;) )