Chapter Seven

"You are going to go back in there, and explain to my daughter that she doesn't have a quirk, understood?"

The doctor stares at ground zero with a baffled expression, not understanding why would he do such a horrible thing to his daughter, you.

"But she has a quirk, I cannot just tell her that she doesn't have one, it will break your daughter's heart, sir"

Katsuki rolls his eyes in annoyance before grabbing the doctor by his neck, pulling him closer to his face, and point his free hand at his face.

"You are going to do as I say or I'm going to blast your face off, bastard" the elder man gulps upon hearing the deadly threat.

"Of course, sir"

The only logical reason why Katsuki doesn't want you to know that you have inherited his quirk, so you don't bag him to train you or the fact that you might use it to escape in the future.

Even though this might sound toxic, yet he only wishes for you to only depend on him.

Yet the doctor and he didn't notice the small figure eavesdropping on their conversation.

You frown as you return back to your seat in front of the doctor's desk.

Katsuki doesn't want you to know that you have a quirk? That honestly hurt your feelings a bit and caused you to feel confused.

However, you can't just allow him to know that you overheard him and the doctor, that would be a stupid move.

You will play dumb for the sake of not appearing suspicious.

When Katsuki and the doctor walk back in, a fake excited smile appears on your face.

"So, do I have a quirk," you ask innocently, looking at the nervous-looking doctor

"Unfourtantly no, I have discussed with your father the reason why you don't have a quirk" you pout.

"Don't worry, you don't need a quirk anyway, monkey baby"

Your decoy sad expression switches to a more cheerful one.

"You are right Papa!" The number two hero is shocked at your words.

"Who needs a quirk? when I have you to protect me, Papa"

You smirk in your head at your sly choice of words, happy that he has fallen for it.

For the first time, you see a genuine smile appear on your father's face, not a smirk nor a grin, it Is just a pure true smile.

You wish you had your phone with you to take a picture, as this only happens once in a lifetime.

As if everything is suddenly forgotten, within a second you stand up, run over, and hug Katsuki tightly, wrapping your arms around him.

"I love you so much" he pats your head gently.

"Me too, baby monkey"

Both of you pull away from each other when you hear sniffling noises coming from the doctor who appears to be whipping away his tears with a tissue.

"I'm sorry, but this was just too emotional for me" Katsuki rolls his eyes.

"Fucking extra"

-----

On your way out, you didn't imagine meeting Kirishima and Denki, but here they are in all their glory, speaking to your father.

"Long time no seen, BakuBro" Denki greets cheerfully.

"Must be busy taking care of your little one" Kirishima exclaims.

As he was about to pat your head, Katsuki seizes his hand to stop it from moving any further towards you.

"Don't touch here, shitty hair" you sigh and shook your head in disbelief.

Instead of taking the offensive to his action, the red-haired pro-hero pulls his hand away and chuckles.

"I guess you are a bit overprotective of your kid" you wanted to snort at his words.

"Overprotective? More like a possessive idiot"

Your eyes widen in shock when everyone's gaze turns towards you, especially your father's sharp ones.

Did you just say that out loud?

Your hard work of trying to act cute and sweet got blown off due to a tongue slip.

Great, just great.

Denki however breaks the tense air by bursting out into fits of laughter.

"Your daughter just called you out, even your kid is annoyed with your attitude!"

The glare that you are receiving right now from Bakugou indicates that you are going to get punished at home.

------

"You have got many pictures of her" Shouto points out, as he shows him pictures of you

Izuku and Shouto agreed to meet up just to discuss business, and it seems like the conversation switched to be about you.

"Yes, I know, I just adore Kacchan's daughter"  Todoroki sighs.

"Don't forget that she already has a father"

The number one hero knows exactly what his friend is implying.

"Don't worry, I won't snatch her away, I was annoying Kacchan for fun" Shouto narrows his eyes.

"There is a huge difference between won't and can't" Deku chuckles.

"Everything takes time, Katsuki will eventually show his true colors when (Y/n) grows up"