Morning sickness

Iain and Ruby was back at work but one morning she didn't feel right as she rushed to the toilet and threw up as tears streamed down her eyes. She found her husband restocking the ambulance as she sat down on the step whilst Iain sat down with his wife and said" what's wrong tell me"

Ruby took a deep breath and said" I threw up Iain." Iain cuddled his wife and said" We'll get a pregnancy test from the pharmacy near the hospital then we'll do the test and see if you are pregnant" as the couple walked into the pharmacy.

Iain picked up a clear blue pregnancy test kit and said" Rubes it is going to be ok we'll love this child" as the pharmacist smiled. After the couple left the pharmacy Iain looked at his wife and smiled saying" why don't we do the test now."

Ruby went into the toilet and did the test as she came back out with the test and said" Iain the test is positive" as Iain sat down next to his wife and said" We'll make great parents don't you worry."

Ruby nodded as her husband gave her a hug. Ruby wiped her tears and smiled saying" Well we better get back to work as we've got patients to see" whilst Iain smiled and said" that's my girl." 

At the end of their shift Ruby went into the locker room and unlocked her locker revealing a full length mirror as she stood to the side and just pictured the bump. Iain walked into the locker room as he wrapped his arms round Ruby and smiled saying" can't wait to be a dad" whilst Ruby smiled and nuzzled on her husband's shoulder.

When they got home Ruby said" Babe could you get KFC, McDonald's and Burger king I'm craving for food" as Iain smirked and said" Yes Gorgeous I'll order the food now."

After dinner Ruby curled up on the sofa with her head on Iain's chest and watching Disney+ where Iain placed his hand on Ruby's flat tummy and smiled as he smiled and said" I'll love the baby the same way as I love you."

Ruby smiled and said" I can't wait for the little one to grow inside of me" as she rushed to the toilet and throw up. Iain smiled and said" It's going to be ok we'll ask Duffy to do the scans" whilst Ruby nodded.

Iain got off the phone and said" good news Duffy can do the scans and she can be my midwife" as Ruby smiled and said" Good because I need my family around to help me during this pregnancy."

Iain smiled and said" shall we go to bed as you looked tired." Ruby nodded as she slowly walked up the stairs and got changed into her nightdress as Iain got undressed and got into bed. Ruby laid her head on Iain's chest and fell asleep as Iain kissed his wife's head and turned off the lamp as he held his wife close hoping to protect his family.