Small Bump

Ruby had a small bump as they had an early morning scan before they started their shift in the ED. Ruby got comfortable on the bed whilst Iain sat in the chair holding her hand whilst Duffy smiled and put the gel onto Ruby's small bump then wiggled the probe around until the baby appeared on the screen.

Ruby gasped and saw her baby on the screen whilst Iain took in the little person he created as Duffy smiled and said" everything looks normal." Duffy hugged her granddaughter and smiled saying" You told your dad yet?"

Ruby shook her head and said" not yet but I'll tell him today" as Iain and Ruby walked down to the ambulance station where Ruby knocked on the office door as Josh said" come in." Josh looked up from his paperwork to see his daughter standing by his desk and smiled" Ruby what can I do for you tell me I'm your dad."

Ruby smiled and said" Daddy I'm pregnant" as Ruby lifted up her paramedic top and revealing a small bump as Josh smiled and said" I'm going to be a great uncle and mum is going to be a great aunt." Ruby nodded and smiled as she walked back to the ambulance.

Iain saw his wife and stood up saying" we've jut got a shout about a child being neglected" as Ruby nodded and got into the ambulance. When the couple arrived at the scene the police and the social service were at the scene already whilst Iain grabbed the green paramedic bag ruby felt a small kick as she smiled and went into the house.

Ruby followed her husband into the living room as she smiled at the child. The child smiled back at Ruby and said" are you here to help me" whilst Ruby nodded and said" I'm a paramedic."

After treating the child they transferred the child into the back of the ambulance where Ruby sat with the child as Ruby rubbed her bump. The child smiled and said" are you pregnant" as Ruby nodded and said" Yeah I'm pregnant."

When they reached the hospital they left the child with the staff as Ruby smiled and said" Iain I felt the baby's first kick feel it." Iain placed his hand onto the small bump where the baby kicked and smiled when he said" feisty just like their dad." Ruby laughed as the couple finished their shift and headed home where they just curled up on the sofa.