Contractions

It was the middle of the night and Ruby wasn't comfortable as she kept tossing and turning as she said to the baby" You are keeping mummy awake" as she got up and went downstairs. Ruby held onto the sofa as Iain woke up and found Ruby's side of the bed empty as Ruby said" contractions have started Iain."

Iain nodded and said" shall I take you to the hospital and get you checked out by Duffy" as Ruby nodded. After Iain got changed he got the maternity bag and ran down the stairs. Iain helped Ruby into the car as Iain locked up the front door and drove to the hospital.

Harry saw the couple as he ran over and said" Iain is everything alright?" Iain got out of the car and said" Ruby has started contractions and she said they are very painful so is Duffy on shift?" Harry nodded and helped Ruby out of the car as Duffy ran over and said" Rubes what's wrong?" 

Ruby said" Contractions have begun and they are painful" as Duffy helped Ruby onto the bed. Iain held his wife's hand and smiled saying" You are doing well babe I'm proud of you" whilst Duffy smiled and said" We'll take you up to maternity now."

Iain nodded and went into the lift with his wife as Harry found a private room away. Ruby went onto the bed and was exhausted whilst Duffy said" I'll come back later and see how you getting on."

Iain nodded and laid on the bed with his wife as he laid his head on Ruby and smiled saying" I've got a perfect name for the baby and her name will be Abigail." Ruby smiled and said" love that name."

The couple spent the rest of the night cuddled up when the contractions got stronger and stronger but luckily there was gas and air if Ruby needed it. Ruby got up and walked round when she felt her water's breaking as she said" Iain my water's have broke."

Iain nodded and got Duffy as he said" Ruby's water have broke so I think it's time what do you think?" Duffy smiled and said" Yeah Iain I think it's time."