The Beach

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I was sitting on the ground outside of the Tree with Jo who had her head rested on my shoulder, sleeping. But I was awake and so was he.
"She looks a lot like you," he murmured.
I smiled, "She got some bits of her father" I said.
"What happened to him?" Hook asked softly. I sighed.
"We got a divorce," I explained.
"I'm sorry," Hook whispered.
"It's alright, we're still friends. The only thing that matters to us is Jo."
Wendy was sleeping a bit further with Danny and Jane in her arms.
Then there was a ruffling sound in the bushes. Hook and I exchanged a questioning look, he stood up and moved to the bushes. He quickly turned back around with panic in his eyes.
"We have to go," he said.
"What? Why-" I didn't finish my sentence when I heard the familiar ticking sound. My heart went faster and I shook Jo awake.
"Jo? Joanne wake up, we have to leave now!"
"What? What's happening?" Jo asked with a sleepy voice.
"It's the crocodile," Hook said seriously. Jo was immediately awake and ran to Wendy and Jane. "Jane, Danny, Aunt Wendy, wake up we have to leave now!" Wendy woke up and realised what was going on when she heard the ticking that kept growing louder.

A low grumbling made me startle, everyone was awake, "Go, this way come on!" Hook called. We ran away, Wendy and I ran next to Hook. Jo and Jane running next to us, their expression was panicked. Now there was movement behind us, the grumbling was closer and so was the ticking. There was something about this escape run, a flashback, three people being chased by a huge reptile, ending up on a beach where one of them got caught. And that horrible laugh.
We were blinded by the sun reflecting on the white sand of the beach. Out in the open, no where to hide. I looked behind me and saw the Croc getting closer.
"(Y/n)?" I turned my head around and saw Henry. I slowed my pace, he looked the same way he did before being ripped in two.
"(Y/n)? What are you doing?" I heard someone shout.
"Run (Y/n), run," Henry said.
"MOM!" Jo's shout snapped me out of my thoughts. The Croc was a couple feet away, I sprinted to safety. Only a few feet further when I realised that everyone had stopped running and was staring at something. No, not something, someone.

"Now this looks familiar, don't you think (Y/n)?" Peter said with a honeyed voice.
"Let us go," Hook snapped.
"Why on earth would I do that? I need that boy to survive," Peter continued.
"If I remember correctly you only take boys who are unwanted," Jane said with a scowl.
"Drastic times calls for drastic measures. Your boy is the the one who believes the strongest in me and the one who is basically keeping me alive," Peter told. We tried to walk away but Peter made a disappointed sound.
"Tssk tssk tssk. It's useless to run, you know how this game ends. Right (Y/n)? You remember what happened last time you tried to escape from me." I fought against the tears that were stinging in my eyes, "Shut up," I said with a brittle voice. Peter grinned darkly. He relished my pain, he wanted to see me cry and break in front of everyone.
"You remember what happened to poor Henry, you remember how his blood drooled on your face-".
"Stop it," I hissed. But Peter went on, "How the Croc had torn him in two, you remember his scream-"
"STOP IT!" I yelled.
Peter chuckled, his eyes gleaming dangerously, "Looks like history is about to repeat itself. For the third time, ain't that right Jamie?" The captain scowled and reached the hilt of his sword. But Peter didn't seem to care, he raised his hand and was about to snap his fingers.
"Run, run now!" Hook shouted. I didn't hesitate, I ran as fast as I could beside Wendy.
Behind me I could hear the ticking and grumbling growing louder.
"Looks like history is about to repeat itself." The words echoed in my mind.
No, not this time. I turned my head around to see if Jo and Jane could keep up the pace, their expression was all horror.
Hook closed our group, he tried to keep his face blank but I could see the fear lingering in his eyes.
"You're all so boring, stop running and give me some entertainment!" Peter bellowed above us. I didn't look up, I kept my eyes fixed before me.

Then a scream of pain was released behind me, followed by a thud. I turned around and saw Hook trying to crawl away from the Croc, the animal had caught his leg.
I moved forward to him and took his left hand in mine.
"No! Go!" He cried. The sand under his leg had turned bloody. His face was struck by agony.
Then he turned around and stabbed the Croc several times in the nose with his hook.
The reptile opened its jaws and Hook drew back his bloody leg.
"Come, quickly I'll help you," I called.
He tried to stand up but the Croc caught him again.
In the midst of all this chaos, Peter had found the perfect opportunity to take back Danny.
He slipped behind Wendy and ripped the boy out of her arms.
"NO!" She cried. Jane jumped to catch Peters foot but failed.

I was still trying to help Hook away from the Croc.
"No! Go back to the Ship, that's an order!" He yelled.
"You can't walk," I blurted out.
"Go back-" he didn't finish his sentence, the Croc had his jaws closed around his bad leg.
Hook yelled in pain. Then the Croc dragged him backwards, farther away from me. I saw how the animal shook him in all direction, his leg bending in a unnatural way. Focus on what you have to do, he told you to go back, that was an order.
Hook had told me to go back, I turned to the others and tried to look confident.
"We have to go back to the ship," I said.
"What about Danny?" Wendy sobbed.
"What about the Captain?" Joanne asked confused and still in shock.
"Later, for now we have to get to safety," I explained. But it took everything in me to not turn around and go help Hook.
So we ran for the ship.