four

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
not part of the plan

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫not part of the plan

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 to her room was quite comforting. Isella liked the overall quiet atmosphere this part of the palace had— and oddly, it reminded her of home. Tamar Kir-bataar, clad in the familiar olive green uniform from the First Army, was the one leading the way.

"Here we are," she stopped at a white door with a golden handle. "Nikolai's room is just right down there if you were curious."

She turned around and gave Isella a friendly smile.

"You can take the rest of the day to settle in. Genya will show you around tomorrow and you will start your training with me and my brother."

"Right," Isella cleared her throat, "thank you."

The door was opened and they both stepped in.

Just from the first glance, Isella's jaw immediately dropped. The room was enormous and the sight of it took all the words from her mouth.

To say the least, she was in awe. From the neatly arranged bed and polished desk space to the bathroom and fairly sized wardrobe. Out of everything however, the windows had to be best part. They were wide and starting from a few inches off the ground, they stretched all the way to the high ceiling. Isella had an amazing view of the palace grounds and the natural light filling in the room was endless.

The Lantsov king was too generous. This room should be for a princess, not some random soldier from the First Army.

"Are you sure we're in the right room? I mean, this is a lot." Isella said, eyes still locked on the tall window.

"Yes we are, and I'm very confident in my sense of direction so you do not need to worry." Tamar reassured her.

"If that is all then I'll leave you alone now." Tamar was about to step out until Isella quickly remembered what she needed to do.

"Wait— sorry I have a quick question. If I wanted to send a letter out, who do I give it to? I need to send a message to my father."

"Oh yes, our riders can take care of that. We will notify the staff that you're a new addition to the king's protection. Just ask any other servant and they'll give your letter to the first rider available."

"I see, alright." Isella said. "Thank you so much."

"See you tomorrow."