six

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱
trouble in religious paradise

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱trouble in religious paradise

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 time Isella awoke, the sun was still sleeping. It wasn't really that surprising anymore—her body had developed its very own routine after her grueling training days in the First Army. Isella was so used to waking up before the sun that it was sometimes physically impossible for her to sleep in late. This became an ongoing joke with her father when he noticed and told Isella that she would probably only let herself sleep-in if she ever became extremely ill or was on the brink of death. Honestly speaking, he wasn't wrong.

After fixing herself up in the bathroom, Isella crossed her room to do what she had been too afraid to do the night before.

Just look in the damn wardrobe, it's just a uniform and you're overcomplicating things again.

Genya definitely had taste so Isella wasn't worried about that part.

It was more of the idea of getting thrust into the spotlight— again. If she left her room with it, everyone would stare or think she was someone important when in reality, she wasn't.

With a deep breath, Isella opened the closet doors to search for the coat jacket. It came into view immediately and she did not waste any time, Isella took the hanger out of the closet and held it out in front of her to get a better look.

A gasp followed by a hand to the mouth was the next thing that happened. Isella had to dramatically blink a couple times to make sure her eyes weren't playing tricks on her because she woke up so early.

But it was real, and her uniform might be the nicest thing she'll ever get to wear.

The material felt great to the touch and if Isella had to make a guess, it was probably bulletproof— just like the grisha keftas. The details were also jaw dropping. The piece was white and had gold and slivers of army green embroidery everywhere in the front and at the end of the sleeves. It was similar to the embroidery on keftas but so different at the same time.

She didn't know what the colors actually meant but if she had to take a guess, she'd say the gold represented the Lantsov rule or at least something royal related. The small touches of army green must represent her— or rather her spot in the First Army.

How creative, she smiled to herself.

Isella gently set the uniform on her bed to change into a white dress shirt and some fitting pants. She then strapped on a belt that held her revolver and dagger, before finally slipping into the coat uniform. Looking at everything put together in the mirror, Isella was excited now.