Training

Valentina

Valentina

Flashback

Turning sixteen was without a doubt one of the most significant events in my life; I had spent my entire life training for the chosen trials, believing that all the sleepless nights and sore muscles would soon pay off; I had been set on being chosen as a warrior, believing that it was my destiny ever since I discovered I was of Alpha descent.

"Valentina, thank you for joining us," Luciana said as I entered the ritual room with grace. I smiled as I sat alongside an agitated Atlas; it was unusual seeing him all nervous and stressed; he was definitely the calmest guy in the room until you messed with someone he cares about, and I've seen angry Atlas, and he isn't anyone to be messed with.

"Athena," the professor said, and Athena rose up and took off her coat's hood. She walked to the stone on the table and sliced her hand with her teeth as if she were in one of those spy movies.

"Savage," I replied, and she laughed.

"healer," she beamed and sat.

Atlas went immediately as his name was mentioned; he stood shaking in front of the stone, cutting his hand the same way Athena did, his blood trickling on the stone "Assassin." Atlas let out a relieved sigh as the professor announced. I smiled at him, and he returned my smile.

Nefeti stepped fearlessly behind Atlas, quickly cutting her palm and letting the blood pour on the stone, a sneaky grin on her lips, she was confident of her outcome "Warrior," she smirked and leaped in delight.

Darius was quick to get up and go to the stone, he bit his hand and let the blood spill on the stone, I was honestly very curious to see his result, he was perfect in every way and he had the most potential of any of us "Guardian" that made perfect sense, Darius shook the teacher's hand and sat back down.

Seraphine followed him and got right to work, "warrior" she applauded and sat down, prompting Florence to go up, she was a little warier of cutting her hand because she was a human, "Advisor" she grinned and sat back down.

Eloise stepped softly behind Florence, slicing her palm quickly to finish, "Strategy manager," she returned to her chair as soon as the verdict was revealed.

I stood up and confidently walked to the stone, the stone was wide with a circular symbol on it, filled with the blood of the ancestors, I cut my hand with my dagger and squeezed my blood in the middle, I watched it drip and flow in the holes of the stone, the blood moved to the Latin word "cum sicario disputabo" I smiled, sure it wasn't what I expected but it's really good "assassin" I and the professor said in union