Prison

Valentina

Valentina

It's been a month since I've been here, neither the Beta nor the Gamma came in, the guards came and went, they beat me, poisoned me with silver, forced me to drink wolfsbane water, and at the end of the month, I was tied up by chains, my feet no longer touched the floor, a pool of blood beneath me, and my body was covered with bruises and cuts.

I was awakened by having wolfsbane-laced water thrown on me, my skin burnt at every inch, my veins felt like they were on fire, and silver chains were wrapped around my wrists, neck, knees, and waist.

My eight-year-old self would have spat in the person's face and resisted, but I couldn't move an inch.

When I opened my eyes, Theodore stood in front of me, scowling and holding an empty bucket in one gloved hand and a silver whip in the other.

"Isn't this something to see first thing in the morning?" "How are you, Theodore?" I continued, and he snarled.

"You will address me by my correct title, Roux," he hissed, his grasp on my jaw tightening.

"I don't obey scum, and I'd rather be dead than recognize anyone from the royal line," I spit out, my eyes burning like hell from the wolfsbane, but I kept my look fixed.

"What's your name?" he hissed as he approached me, tightening my chains.

When a whip smacked my back, I softly whimpered out "Roux" ; he asked the same question again, and I gave him the same response.

"Tell me your name," he said for the fifth time, and I wondered if providing him my name would ever be harmful to anyone. The whips ripped my back open, and wolfsbane and silver flooded my body at the same time.

"Valentina," I said, and he lowered the whips.

"Good, Valentina," he murmured, almost making me vomit. He took a step in front of me and pulled a silver, long knife from the wall.

"God, I almost puked when I heard my name come out of your mouth," I gagged, shaking my head.

"What employer do you work for? Who was it who sent you?" He inquired, approaching closer to me with the knife, tracing my arms, I could feel the blood spilling out but I couldn't heal, the amount of silver he injected me draining me.

"I work alone," I stated flatly, and he was not pleased with my response because he stabbed me in the thigh with the knife, entering from one end and exiting from the other, shattering my bone and causing me to scream.

"Who sent you?" he asked once more, and I remained silent.

"Fine, you want it that way," he said as he returned to the table containing a collection of weaponry.

He injected a silver-filled syringe into my shoulder.

Typical royal family

A couple of guards came in and unchained me; they grasped me tightly, and I couldn't move, the silver free to roam throughout my body.